Just Labradors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They were in the house playing keep-a-way with a kong. First Zoey would grab it and run all around the house with Merlot in hot pursuit, and then Merlot would get it back and run round and round with Zoey chasing right behind him. This was going on for about a half hour and Zoey was trying to catch Merlot and she bit him on his,(can I say nuts?). Now, I don't understand dog talk, but he yelped and turned around and snapped at her face,(no contact) and gave the meanest loudest growl I have ever heard from any dog. She jumped back and cowered under my chair, I was sitting at the kitchen table at the time, and stayed there for about an hour while he layed down in the living room chewing the kong. I have never seen him so mad, or her so frightened! That was this afternoon. They have long since made up with kisses and are sleeping together on the rug, now.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Yeeeooww!

Sounds like it was an accident, but now Zoey knows that's something you just don't do. :eek:

Poor Merlot. At least they've made up.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Awww. Zoey, sweetie, you crossed that uncrossable line! :eek: Merlot let her know that was NOT cool but didn't hurt her--good boy.

Glad to hear that they're back to being best friends.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Ouch. I know it was an accident but poor Merlot....he must have been scared too. Glad to hear they have made up. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ouch!! That has gotta hurt! He probably thought Zoey was trying to amputate them or something, thats why he got mad! :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts