Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So much sadness recently in L/C, have been putting off posting about Zoe's pawpad.

Her front paw pad is still pretty bad. I have it wrapped in gauze, tape and a sock. Been putting panalog.

Then I noticed she started limping, not bearing weight on one of her back paws. oh lah...there is a cut in one of her pads. Been putting EMT gel on that one, but leaving it open since it's not "gashed out" like her front.

Needless to say, she cannot run. We went swimming for 45 minutes each day I was home, and then for her poop walk (about 20 minutes).

She needs muttlucks on her walks because the grass will jab her wounds. poor girl

tomorrow should be "fun." I'm back to work and normally, she gets 30 minutes of running and chasing.

What do you guys do when exercise is not an option?

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Saying prayers that her feet heal soon and that you don't loose your sanity dealing with her. Good luck.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
awwww Zoe :-*

Abby had a boo-boo (read: chunk of her paw pad) missing last summer, our vet sealed it with a derma bond type stuff and gave her an anti-biotic. We wrapped it up for her and kept her on leash for exercise.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
I must have missed your post about Zoe's paw. What happened?

It can be really tough keeping them quiet. I would suggest some mental workouts and lots of marrow bones/stuffed Kongs. Can you take her for short leash walks?

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Poor Zoe! I missed what happened also. When mine can't run for some reason, and they're feeling pretty good , I just take them for leash walks, and get the crate out for them inside - they seem to stay quieter in the crate. And pray for healing!

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Poor Zoe, hope she is feeling better. She can still swim right? That will probably take the edge off. And salt water is great for healing.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Poor Zoe. I hope her paw heals up. Molly cut half her pad on ice a few years ago. It took awhile for it to heal. Because it was winter time she really did not get much exercise. Zoe should be okay swimming. Sending good thoughts for a speedy healing of her pawpad.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh no Linda, sorry to hear this. Poor Zoe girl. :( Like Susan said, swimming is great for her and salt water heals anything!

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Oh Zoe Zoe!!

Is she good to swim? I'd do that... and what Trickster suggested, mental exercise!! When Henery broke his toe (both times) he wasn't allowed to run for 6 weeks each time. We did a LOT of leash walking and Kongs!!

Hugs to Miss Umlaut... hope that nasty gash heals quickly, and soon!

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Awww, poor Zoe. Swimming in salt water is probably the best thing for healing those wounds. I hope she gets well very quickly.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
It sounds to me as if you're already being wonderfully inventive with the EMT gel, Muttlucks, and swimming -- maybe more swimming? And the suggestions Trickster made but especially more swimming. ;D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts