Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update Monday afternoon: I have not given up hope for my boy, but he has not improved as much as we would have hoped. The one bright spot is that he started drinking water yesterday afternoon. They are weaning off the IV fluids today and will run more blood tests in the morning. If the results skyrocket, then the decision has been made for us. If not, we will be bringing him home for an overnight visit to see if we can get him to eat. Thanks you all so much for your good wishes. Please just hope with us that the levels of protein and creatine don't go way up tomorrow.


We really need all of your good thoughts. Zeke is still not responding as well as the vet would like to his treatment. He has been on IV therapy since Friday along with having antibiotics administered via IV. My update from the vet today is that they are not seeing the levels in his kidneys come down like they would expect based on the treatment he is receiving. He does not have a temp, but is on the high side of normal today. They are changing to a different antibiotic today in hopes that it will help. We visiting him yesterday, and he did look better than he did on Friday when they admitted him to ICU. We decided not to visit today since he was a little stressed yesterday when we left.

I am really scared and afraid that we are going to have to make a hard decision within the next couple of days. We will continue to treat him as long as we have hope that he can recover, even if he can't recover to 100% but can have a good quality of life. However, I owe it to him to not let him suffer or put him through a lot of treatment with no hope. I am NOT giving up on him, but I am starting to lose hope. Please keep Zeke in your thoughts. I will try to post an update when I can, and I appreciate all of your good wishes for my boy.

Robin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,546 Posts
Robin,
Zeke is at the forefront of my prayers, as are you, try to breathe, things can change quickly for the better, so keep your chin up for now, and pray, pray, pray!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,895 Posts
kidney disease is tough but iv therapy can stabilize the issue - did the vet say what the underlying issue was or just "kidneys"?

hang in there - may it be many many many moons before you are faced with tough calls
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,307 Posts
Zeke, You have a whole bunch of Peeps and Pups pulling for you. Hope the vets find out whats up and have the right drugs. Hand in there, Gus and Zekes Mom. I am sure you will know when you have to make any decision and will make the right one. Hopefully that time won't come soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,122 Posts
Prayers for Zeke. I'm so sorry for you guys.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top