Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some way I can download music videos from youtube AND convert them to MP3 so I can burn them to CD? I found a bunch of old '70s tracks that I haven't heard for decades. I've downloaded some from Limewire & Frostwire & put them on CD but I can't find most of the ones I really want. :(

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Is there some way I can download music videos from youtube AND convert them to MP3 so I can burn them to CD? I found a bunch of old '70s tracks that I haven't heard for decades. I've downloaded some from Limewire & Frostwire & put them on CD but I can't find most of the ones I really want. :(
First off is that legal:confused::D and second, WTH listens too 70's music:eek: It's almost as bad as 80's!!

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
David (my FH) has (and I cant believe I am admitting this) downloaded a program that lets you 'record' youtube. I am not sure if it converts to MP3 or not. I will email him now and ask him for the details of the programme... the programme was a free download also I believe.

I'll be back!

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Hi Garth

this is the recommendation from Dave.
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/guides/dvd/convert-YouTube-to-MP3.htm

The application he uses is Youtube - Ipod for a music clip to watch on your Ipod so we have something different. But I told him your request and the above link was what he thought might help you.

I am sure someone else has an app too.... you just got to wait for them all to wake up!

Cheers
Sarah

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no worries! Let me know if it works.
It doesn't. :(

I keep getting this message:

"The program does not manage to resolve this YouTube link. Do you want to find a solution?"

I tried downloading the latest version from their site & my comp told me the file was corrupted so I got out of there.

I searched through the site forums & found this thread:

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/forums/topic.php?id=1085

Apparently, it's a Vista problem but they didn't actually say so. :rolleyes: They're releasing an update in about a month. Hopefully, that will fix it.

Are you guys running XP or Vista?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts