Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my son had a baseball game, and there was a kid on the other team that could hit the ball unbelievably well . . . but he was a very slow runner. He hit a ball way back over the center fielder's head, and barely made it to first base (he wasn't a speed demon). Next kid is batting, and I was watching the 3rd base coach (I like to try to figure out their signs :D). The coach is patting his head, his chest, his pants and not in any order that I could figure out. I was just thinking that he had the most confusing signs in the world . . . when the "speed demon" takes off to steal second. He gets thrown out easily, and when he was making his way back to the dug-out the coach says, "What were you thinking?" The kid says, "You gave me the steal sign." The coach says, "I didn't give you a sign." Then the coach thinks for a minute and says, "I was looking for my sunglasses." :D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
HA HA!!! :D True story?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
that is really funny. i will have to tell my son-he umps little league games and plays ball as well. he will get a big kick out of that.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is really funny. i will have to tell my son-he umps little league games and plays ball as well. he will get a big kick out of that.
There are times that I really feel sorry for the umpires, that is an extrememly thankless job. I guess it helps them create a thick skin. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was impressed that the kid was paying attention, because when I watch my son . . . he is never paying attention. He steals when he feels like it, he runs when he feels like it. :rolleyes:

The coach thought it was funny. After he realized what happened, he was laughing too.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Now if he texted the runner there would be on less out.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now if he texted the runner there would be on less out.
LOL, very true. My husband is waiting for the day when he can put transmitters in the kid's helmets and be able to tell them what to do during all sports. He has been saying this about hockey for years. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
LOL, very true. My husband is waiting for the day when he can put transmitters in the kid's helmets and be able to tell them what to do during all sports. He has been saying this about hockey for years. :rolleyes:
Occasionally I help a friend with his Learn to skate and C-mite hockey program. There is no money in the world that can buy that entertainment!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts