Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like so many of them! I grew up on Cheerios, Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, Wheaties and Raisin Bran. I love all of those! Especially Rice Krispies.

We weren't allowed to have sweet cereals, so when I went to visit Aunk & Unk, they would spoile me with Fruit Loops or Lucky Charms or Corn Pops.

So. I think my faves are Rice Krispies and Lucky Charms. The RK's have to be eaten fast though, before they start getting soggy. Right now I'm eating dry LC's out of a baggie. Yum!

:)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never had Kashi, but have heard great things about it. I dunno, I'm nostalgic I guess. I stick with my childhood cereals.

There used to be a cereal called "Oh's" not too long ago. That was really good. I haven't seen it in my supermarket in over a year though.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Amy - Are you eating ALL the LC's? Or, like the rest of the humanized world, merely plucking out the marshmallows and leaving the wheaty "nutritional" cereals behind....

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I don't eat cereal anymore, but my favorites were always Apple Jacks and Lucky Charms.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All of it, Dan. LOL Although the marshmallows pretty much dissolve on contact.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Amy - Are you eating ALL the LC's? Or, like the rest of the humanized world, merely plucking out the marshmallows and leaving the wheaty "nutritional" cereals behind....
One of these days, the makers of Lucky Charms will issue a statement to the public that says something like, "Ha, ha, we fooled you all. We put all the extra fiber and vitamins and minerals into the marshmallows. The only thing in the other nibblets is cardboard."

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
I don't eat much cereal anymore but when I do I like Raisin Bran, Captain Crunch, or Lucky Charms and yes I love the marshmallows :) mostly.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
All of it, Dan.
I bow to your morals.

Favorite cereal as a kid: Qisp. It's still available online.

Our kids have been going crazy for Choc Mini Wheats. Must confess that I've never partaken.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Cheerios, Honey Smacks, the raisin bran with the nuts and raisins rolled in crunchy stuff, and Rice Krispies eaten in small portions so they don't get soggy. Oh yeah, shredded wheat and the mini wheats - I'll have to try the chocolate ones!

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
We were never allowed those kids cereals growing up. Our choices were puffed wheat, oatmeal, rice krispies or corn flakes.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How could I have forgotten Puffed Rice? That was another staple as a kid. :)

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Favorite guilty pleasure cereal? Lucky Charms or Count Chocula.

Favorite everyday cereal? Frosted miniwheats...but they must be eaten before the frosting dissolves into the milk!!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I love Trix, Kix, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Life, Honey Bunches of Oats with almonds, Honey Nut Cheerios, Shredded Wheat, Fruit Loops, Frosted Flakes, and Quaker Oatmeal Squares.

I mostly eat Total now though if I eat cereal...don't have it very often.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Shreddies.. but the diamond shaped ones... can't stand the square ones.
BAHAHA!! And -- HAPPY ME! It's a Canadian joke that I actually get!

;) ;)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts