Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are stranded on a floating slab of ice and refuse to be rescued cause the fish were biting.

You just can not make it up!

Fisherman refuses rescue, fish were biting

Associated Press

OSHKOSH, Wis. - A fisherman floating on a Lake Winnebago ice slab refused to be rescued, telling authorities he wanted to stay because the fish were biting.

Winnebago County sheriff's officials say Joseph Dake used a ladder across open water to get to the ice slab, about a quarter mile from shore.

Lt. John Zimmerman says the slab was connected to ice that led to shore, but a large crack had formed.

The Oshkosh Fire Department sent a rescue boat to Dake Tuesday evening. But, the 35-year-old Oshkosh man refused assistance, saying the fishing was good

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And you might be a dumbass from Minnesota if you can not spell Wisconsin correctly!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
It is funny...I wonder how long he had been stranded though. I read a book about a month ago about the survival instinct. Apparantly the longer you are lost the more irrational you think. The book wrote about several survivors that refused help when found, even though the were practically dead.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Jeeze, they could at least have asked if he wanted rescuing before sending out a boat. I mean, really, they want him to leave when he's actually catching fish? ;)

I would bill him for the rescue attempt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts