Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of crossing the border to buy cigarettes or booze, you step into Meijer with only one thing on your mind ... 'buy TOTAL cereal.'

It's not available in Canada. It's delish. It contains 100% of the daily recommended serving of 11 vitamins and minerals.

:embarrass:

*for the record hubs also picked up some beer so he is less lame than me*

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
We shop at Meijer's all the time, but once the WalMart has been expanded to a super WalMart, that's where I will go! Plus, they are building a Super WalMart three miles from my office, on my way home.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Would customs confiscate it if I tried to mail you some Total, Pauline? =)

There's a Meijer about a half mile from my house. We do most of our grocery shopping there. If I need to just grab one thing quickly though, I'll go to Kroger - Meijer is too big, it takes to long to run in and grab one thing!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Why would your husband come here to buy beer when Canadian beer is far superior, in my opinion. I love Moosehead. On a vacation to New Brunswick I made it a point to tour the Moosehead brewery in St. Johns. At the end of the tour instead of giving you a sample glass they gave you 1/2 hour in the tasting roon to drink all you wanted. Luckily Dukesmom was the designated driver because I learned the Canadian Beers made in Canada for Canadian consumption is a lot stronger that the beer they export to the U.S.
I believe Alpine is their leading brand in Canada but the export Moosehead because the can design is more striking and appealing.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Would customs confiscate it if I tried to mail you some Total, Pauline? =)
LOL! They might do Mel. They might think that the Total is being sent with some 'extra additives' :whistle:

Steve and I like to cruise across the border on the occasional Sunday anyways. It only takes us 45 mins to get to the Detroit border and then their is a mall 20 mins thereafter. We are always completely honest on the way back and have never had to pay duty.

dweck said:
Total contains way too many carbs for me. I go with either Cheerios or SpecialK when I'm doing cold cereal. Which is almost never, as I'm pretty much an oatmeal guy.
BUT DAN! THE 11 VITAMINS AND MINERALS!!! In my research Total far surpasses the nutritional value of Special K (what the hecks so special about it anyways ;) ) I sound like a Total spokesperson don't I ... I could be their Canadian representative!

Melissa said:
There's also a Meijer real close to my office. My old boss used to always joke "I'm going to Meijer on my lunch hour. Need anything? Milk, jeans, tires..."
LMAO! Exactly!!! We bought a lot of 'random' things last time. I got a maternity top for $5, a toy for the pooches, spray cheese (we had never had it), Combos (mmmmmm ...), high fibre granola bars, beer ...

Allie said:
I like Total Raisin Bran, but can't handle just the flakes...*shudders*
Agreed. I like the cranberry cluster one. Mmmmmmm ....

kaisdad said:
Allie said:
I like Total Raisin Bran, but can't handle just the flakes...*shudders*
I also have a low tolerance of flakes.
:laugh: I'm pretty flighty in real-life, its probably a good thing we won't meet Cam. :D

Dukesdad said:
Why would your husband come here to buy beer when Canadian beer is far superior, in my opinion. I love Moosehead. On a vacation to New Brunswick I made it a point to tour the Moosehead brewery in St. Johns. At the end of the tour instead of giving you a sample glass they gave you 1/2 hour in the tasting roon to drink all you wanted. Luckily Dukesmom was the designated driver because I learned the Canadian Beers made in Canada for Canadian consumption is a lot stronger that the beer they export to the U.S.
I believe Alpine is their leading brand in Canada but the export Moosehead because the can design is more striking and appealing.
Oh don't get me wrong, we are big fans of Canadian beer! Its just that he was able to get a 12pack for $5.49. $5.49!!!!!! Moosehead would be approximately $15-18 for a 12pack. Definitely worth it, but let's be honest - the economy isn't that great and our alcohol choices have to change accordingly. (hubby's choices now of course, I'm not a pregnant drinker, honest!)

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
labby said:
Yeah, but you'll just pee it all out. American beer is like pee water. Yuck.
Amen to that! Give me a good Irish Stout!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.