Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You take 2 11yo dogs for about a 6km walk & when you come home all you want to do is flop into a chair to recover from your aches & pains while said dogs go outside & expect you to throw a ball around for them. :eek:

WTH do they get their energy? :confused:

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
That walk by myself would do me in, not to mention having two dogs along. You may have the rest of the day off.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
He makes it sounds longer than it is ! That's only three miles !
3.72823 to be exact, according to the convertor on my cell phone.:D

No matter though, still makes him a whimp.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
That's a long way in my book!!!
It IS a long way -- but ONLY if you're not used to it and haven't worked your way up to it.

Puff and I walk 2 miles early every morning -- except when there are lightning storms here or some other similar over-riding reason to not go. And then, 3X morning a week, I have a 60 minute cardio/physical fitness class immediately after our walk.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
It IS a long way -- but ONLY if you're not used to it and haven't worked your way up to it.

Puff and I walk 2 miles early every morning -- except when there are lightning storms here or some other similar over-riding reason to not go. And then, 3X morning a week, I have a 60 minute cardio/physical fitness class immediately after our walk.

Bob you are a machine! And such a show off :p

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EXACTLY! Normally we only go for about 2-3 km which equates to about 2 circuits of our local park by the river. This time we went further along the riverfront & back. Nearly 8 hours later & I'm still suffering the consequences. :(

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
EXACTLY! Normally we only go for about 2-3 km which equates to about 2 circuits of our local park by the river. This time we went further along the riverfront & back. Nearly 8 hours later & I'm still suffering the consequences. :(

Still say yer a whimp Grath,:D I've put one of those pedo things in my boot at work before, average 5-11 miles in a 10 hour shift, depending on how busy I am.

And I'm older than you by 3-4 years.:D

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Still say yer a whimp Grath,:D I've put one of those pedo things in my boot at work before, average 5-11 miles in a 10 hour shift, depending on how busy I am.

And I'm older than you by 3-4 years.:D
I'm with you Glen, he is a wimp- I average about the same at work and I'm usually moving at pretty fast clip! No sauntering around a dog park. On my days off Sammi and I go to the dog park on a regular bases, its 1 mile into the river then we walk another mile loop- and back! As far as I know none of us have been on here whining about how sore we are:rolleyes: Wimp!!:D

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I'm with you Glen, he is a wimp- I average about the same at work and I'm usually moving at pretty fast clip! No sauntering around a dog park. On my days off Sammi and I go to the dog park on a regular bases, its 1 mile into the river then we walk another mile loop- and back! As far as I know none of us have been on here whining about how sore we are:rolleyes: Wimp!!:D
Perhaps you should send him an extra wheelchair if you have one.:eek:

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SHUT UP ALREADY! :eek:

I come here looking for sympathy & end up copping this crap. Now I know who my true friends are around here ......... my dogs. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts

I come here looking for sympathy & end up copping this crap. Now I know who my true friends are around here ......... my dogs. :rolleyes:
Ronnie just sent me a PM tellin' me how much of a wimp you are.:D

·
Registered
21,715 Posts

What are you talking about, you can't even take your poor dogs for a decent walk with out being "sprawled" out for the remainder of the day! Poor pooches!:D

·
Registered
10,719 Posts

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Ronnie uses a pseudonym you dolt ! ( Nances word - please don't hit me )

If he did it would wear him out for days.:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts