Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you put your mattresses on the floor so she won't have a difficult time jumping up on the bed!

What obsurd things have you done to appease the furry ones!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I live in a single story house because my oldest dog has bad hips and climbing stairs would be difficult for her. I also have carpet in most of the house even though I would love wood floors for the same reason.

For my youngest dog. She's a picky eater, I buy small bags of dog food so she won't get bored with the same food. She loves to destuff toys, I hate picking up the stuffing from them. I still buy them for her.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Our sons are married, DH just retired so we really could have a small vehicle. Nope...not with the labs. We have two gas guzzlers, a Ford F-150 with extended cab (for them) and an Expedition so we could fit all the crates in. Oh & the next purchase now will be a top carrier for the Expedition because we now have a third lab & need a third crate in there. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
We bought them a car, then a house. LOL Both purchases were centered around what they needed. They may be a little overindulged.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
When Puff first came home (age 9 weeks) I slept on the floor several nights so she could cuddle next to me (puppygated to the kitchen with a tile floor).

Our car ('06 Honda Civic Hybrid, the "LAB CAB") is modified for her use.

It has leather seats to avoid hair build-up on cloth, a $1200 sunroof installed so she'll have ample ventilation waiting for me to finish shopping, and a disconnect of the front passenger seat air bag so she'll not be smashed in case of an accident.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
I got Erns some steps so he could sleep on the bed when he had surgery and could't get up. Oh gosh did I admit doing that.

I dug my beautiful garden and lawn so he could have a swimming pool for his hips. Not many N.Zers have pools let alone one for their dog so it was a conversation peice around the neighbourhood at first.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I choose my current vehicle based on my dog ownership.

I was going to sell a daybed that I have but I decided to keep it so Oakley could sleep on it during the day when I am at work. Yesterday, I even rearranged the room to the way I thought she would use the bed more!

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I had to rearrange my entire living room so Kolby wouldn't climb on the table to look outside the window.. now he just jumps on top of his VariKennel. :rolleyes:

I live with blankets on every couch so the dogs can lay on them. I can't have dog beds because my cat pees on everything. :(

I have also "Kolby-proofed" my entire house so that he doesn't have to hurt himself trying to break out of his crate.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Bauer sleeps on our bed or on his bed next to our bed, but for some reason at about 4:30 or 5:00 every morning he wants to move to the living room. I am not sure why this started, but early every morning he starts moving around and wakes me up. After he wakes me up we go downstairs to the living room and sleep on the couch together.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I love this thread. These are making my day. I tell you what, JL dogs are some of the luckiest in the world.

I dug my beautiful garden and lawn so he could have a swimming pool for his hips.
That was so sweet, Chris. Really made me smile!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I am associating with a bunch of sick people. I will not admit to anything I do for my dog, but I haven't read anything new in this thread yet.

Now, one of us has partied for his two dogs. They get to sit on chairs at the table, and get to eat their cake or treats there too. Its not me, I haven't done that yet. But Jim has!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Bauer sleeps on our bed or on his bed next to our bed, but for some reason at about 4:30 or 5:00 every morning he wants to move to the living room. I am not sure why this started, but early every morning he starts moving around and wakes me up. After he wakes me up we go downstairs to the living room and sleep on the couch together.
Tal does the same thing...only hits the couch about 11. I just stay in the bed and Barney does too. Tal started doing that long before Barney came on the scene..so who knows!

When I bought my house, a fenced in yard was a requirement (because of the dogs) and when I got my car last March, I got it beacue of them. They really DO have us trained, don't they!!??

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Mine do this also, wake up at 5 AM, to which my response is a deeep growl to make them go back to sleep. :D

what I do for them? take them for a 1 hour walk at 6 AM each morning, let them sleep by my side, lots of cuddles, of course the car was bought considering their space (a volvo v40) and I usually don´t travel much anymore because I don´t want to leave them for too many days

·
Registered
21 Posts
awww ... awesome thread :)
ill add our bit :

i make my husband wake up at 1.30am , 4.30am and 6.00am to take out our little pup for her pees and poops... even though my husband works 12 hours a day ( not that i feel sorry for him :p )

wonder what we'll be doing for out Lab when shes oldeR? ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts