Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--You’ll only eat chocolate your Dutch friend brings you directly from Holland (unless it is a DIRE emergency, and then you’ll resign yourself to a local specialty shop).

--You own five or more kinds of vinegar.

--You own five or more kinds of salt.

--You put the final touch on a dessert by saying "It just needs a little orange blossom water," and you actually have a bottle of orange blossom water in the cupboard.

--All the magazines you subscribe to are about food.

--You’re lying awake at night because you can’t sleep from the excitement of conjuring up a new recipe.

--Your first word (before "mama" or "dada") was "cookie"--and your spouse’s first word was "cheese."

--You work at a bookstore, and when one of your colleagues excitedly tells you that five gorgeous young men have arrived, wearing only aprons and tight boxer shorts, to promote a new cookbook, your response is: "Ooh, did they bring food?"

--You return home from a family Christmas and take your entire bag of presents straight to the kitchen to unpack it.

--Your husband is embarrassed to take you out to eat because of the moaning noises you make while eating something incredible.

--You just won’t stop fiddling with old family recipes--and your mother actually thinks your versions are better.

--Before traveling to a new destination, the first thing you do is scour the Internet (and your friends’ brains) for information on the local dining scene.

--All your friends who are traveling call you first to ask if you know a good place to eat at their destination.

--Your husband has put you on a condiment moratorium, telling you that you must use up all the fancy-ass stuff you buy when you travel before you bring home any more.

--When you walk into Sur La Table with your teenaged daughter, she calls it "The Mothership."

--Some of your best friends are farmers, ranchers, and chefs.

--Your family knows better than to touch a beautiful plate of food until you’ve had a chance to photograph it.

--You’ve caught yourself dreaming of food and chewing it in your sleep.

Guilty as charged :eek:

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a bookie too! Bookies are awesome =)

I liked the above, mainly because of #2 & 3...I DO have a bunch of salts and vinegars. Steve thinks I'm nuts =)

·
Registered
113 Posts
*sniffle* I don't fit this category.
How 'bout bookies! :D
I fit into the foodies category but also the bookie category, Nance. I have so many books on and next the nightstand, I actually stubbed my toe on a stack the other a.m. when making the bed.

I really need to stop visiting Amazon.ca!!!!

Bev.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I am a bookie - professional hazard. But my foodiness is confined to extreme restaurant pickiness.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
There are five kinds of salt?
I have three--regular, kosher, sea salt. What are the others?
Definitely not a foodie here!

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
All kinds of different sea salts. Some flavored, or smoked, some plain. Different waters produce different salts.
Oh well those are all sea salt though. As you can see I don't fit into the foodie category.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
--Before traveling to a new destination, the first thing you do is scour the Internet (and your friends’ brains) for information on the local dining scene.

Especially guilty of that one.

I'm surprised the list didn't mention olive oils, growing your own herbs or that watching Lydia Bastianich is your favorite television show. Guilty, guilty, guilty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts