Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of the pics of dinners you guys have made, you should start a JL Cooking Club. I belong to one on another forum. We had everyone who wanted to participate submit their names. They were picked at random order (or if you had a conflict) and assigned at date to post. We post on Fridays so there's two whole weekends to make the recipe. We choose to do a recipe every other week because one a week is just too close if you're pressed for time. Everyone makes the recipes and then posts pics of prep/cooking/finished product and their review. We're going on six months. It's been really fun and something to totally look forward to.

In our group, the only rule is to have fun and we actually encourage people to offer suggestions to make it better or to adapt it to their families tastes.

So far we've made things that I never, ever would have tried and have found that I am definitley expanding my palate. We just made a chicken salad with mint, cilantro, parsley and basil that was to die for.

Anyway, it was just a thought. :)

·
Registered
955 Posts
That sounds really cool. I would be in. I do a dinner club locally with friends. 6 couples. Every other month we meet. The "host" couple is responsible for choosing a "theme" (Italian, New Orleans, etc). They supply the main dish and drinks. All the other couples have to bring an appetizer and a dessert to fit the theme. Lots of fun!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Hey, I love that cookbook! :hungry:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Where's Jimbo? *snicker snicker*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts