Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I just got tickets on pre-sale to go see Simon and Garfunkel.

I am SO excited.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
I love Paul Simon. We saw him ages ago do a retrospective of his career...including a segment with Garfunkel. Enjoy.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
My husband and I just had a big discussion about how much we are willing to pay for tickets for this if they ever end up on the West Coast. Final decision was whatever it takes.

I'm not making fun; I'm envious as hell.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Lucky you!!!! My Aunts cats were named Simon and Garfunkel...and we played "Bridge Over Troubled Water" at my Moms funeral. I think of her everytime I hear it (and now you will too!). :)

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GGR - I used a newspaper promo code thingy - so what I paid for 2 tickets, a person in my office paid for one. I think it was fate really, because I had just that amount and a little bit more on my CC....

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I love Simon and Garfunkel....They were the first concert I ever went to back in 1969 !!! I was the bratty little sister and bugged them to go. It was my oldest brother's first date with his girlfriend (who later became his wife) Such good memories.... My brothers surprised me with the ticket and I was so excited. I am so jealous. Wonder if they will come to the west coast ?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I will never forget a very small snip on SNL back in the day. It was right around Christmastime, and they must've had, what, an extra 2 mins in the show. And so they sent a film crew down to Grand Central Station (or Penn station, or whatever) and filmed in slo-mo people greeeting friends/family off the trains, as they arrived for the holidays. And the overlay was Simon/Garfunkle w/"Homeward Bound."

It was one of the most singularly moving things I have ever seen. All the more remarkable from the take-no-prisoners comedy show that SNL was at the time.

I've never forgotten it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts