Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is so nice to know that someone else really wants to see my puppy pictures. I feel so lucky that I found this place because you all love your dogs and other peoples dogs. It is great to have a place to brag about our beloved dogs and know that others care too.

Below are new pics of Scout. He is coming along just fine. He learned how to sit on command without receiving a treat. Now I've got to teach him how to stay and come. Not sure how to go about teaching him how to stay. I taught Rocky how to do this but don't remember what I do. Potty training is unfortunately going slow but I'm sure he will catch on pretty soon. He is still biting but listens to me more often when I say "don't bite". He understands the command but doesn't always obey.

So here are my cutie pie's pictures. It was really difficult to get him to sit still for these photos, I had to wait a long time but I think it paid off.

Debbie

Scout 6-19_09.jpg

Scout 6-18-09_05.jpg

Scout 6-18-09_02.jpg

Scout 6-18-09_04.jpg

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh Deb, he is beauuuuuuuuuuuuutiful!!!!! *kiss*
:)

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Have to go take a cold shower to get the puppy fever under control.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
He is so sweet!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhh thanks guys for your comments. I obviously think he is cute, but glad to know others think so too. I just love this little guy, he is a bright light in what was a pretty depressing world for me.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Adorable!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Labradorable it is nice to know of someone else with a puppy lab about the same age as Scout. I'm not very knowledgeable about training so I will look forward to reading your posts. If you have any suggestions let me know. I'm failing on the puppy training but he will sit. Next I'm trying to teach stay which is difficult

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Just be consistant at this point in time, that's all you really can do. Dozer comes when called 85% of the time, and sits, but the rest of it (obedience) he's not listening to. More importantly we are working on his manners ... jumping on people (never acceptable for one of our dogs), barking when not necessary, nipping (hate the puppy bitey face stage), etc. Once we get over the puppy hump everything will be great! I am trying to enjoy his puppy hood, but its hard. I can't wait to start obedience training. We also attend puppy socialization classes once a week (we could go up to three times a week tho).

I think I mentioned this before, but I'm not sure ... Scout was my name choice for Dozer, but I was vetoed and lost. It's all good though because Dozer is defintely not a Scout. LOL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts