Just Labradors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A new studio opened near me. I had taken some classes before through a Gym/pool/rink type sports stadium. This is a specific yoga studio. I am just taking one class per week, as it's kind of expensive (for me). I paid this morning, and am off to buy a new yoga mat after lunch.

I would like to supplement the weekly class with an at-home dvd. Any recs? My friend gave me Rodney Yee's tapes, but we no longer have a vcr.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Yoga Journal has a lot of different styles on DVD. I would say you could start there with the style you like and wouldn't go wrong. I think Rodney's tapes were produced by Yoga Journal. (He's a local instructor! Some of my friends studied with him.)

Of course, I no longer do yoga after the Torn Hamstring Incident of 1998.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Nathan, did you tear your hamstring during yoga? :shocked:
I sure did! During uttanasana. The substitute teacher (who was inexperienced and overenthusiastic) suggested that I should try harder. Number 1, that's not something you say to a Type A person in frickin' yoga, and number 2, I was running 40 miles a week at the time and was already feeling a little funny in the legs. So I intensified the stretch and felt AND HEARD a "rrrrrrrriiiipppp" right up by the insertion point. I've never been the same since. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.