Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes the lightbulb is a little slow to burn for me.

I went out about two hours ago to get a bag of dog food from the PW. Holy smokes! Easily 9" of snow on her! Wet, heavy snow. I could hardly get the back hatch door open but managed. And windy... chilling wind. Brrrrr!

Trudged back inside with my 20 pound bag, dried my shoes off, settled back in to get warm.

Ten minutes later the lightbulb began flickering... "You'd better get back out there and get rid of the snow on the PaddyWagon or you'll regret it in the morning." I made THAT mistake in the last snow storm we had.

For once in my life I didn't let procrastination rule. I suited up and went back out there, got the job done. Chores like that never take as long as I think they are going to. This one? Oh, 20-30 minutes or so.

Ahhhhhh! The warm settling in after that was extra sweet for having the job DONE. :)

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Glad you cleaned it off today rather than tomorrow. When we were kids my dad would pay us to go out several times a day and get the snow off the cars and the driveway. It wasn't much money just a little extra allowance for extra chores.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Nance, in the morning you will be so glad you did it already! If that heavy, wet mass froze overnight, you'd be driving a paddywagon-sicle tomorrow!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts