Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.switched.com/2009/01/15/nintendo-wii-kills-dog-briefly/

We've seen the carnage that Wii remotes can inflict: TV's have been destroyed and good old human flesh can barely stand up to the wiicked remotes, but we've never hear of anyone killing their dog before. Poor Kathy White, of Marquette, MI, almost did exactly that while playing 'Wii Bowling.' Right around the recent holidays, her five month old miniature Sheltie, Ozzy, jumped up in front of Kathy and was struck in the temple.

Kathy called her neighbor Pene Honey in a panic. When Pene got there, Ozzy was not breathing and his heart had stopped. After a little doggy CPR, Pene got Ozzy's vitals going again and they rushed him to the vet.

Following weeks of recovery, Ozzy is almost back to normal, and he has been banished from the room while Wii gaming sessions are taking place. We suggest Kathy look at the Nerf sleeves for the Wiimote, which could make her gaming sessions a little more puppy friendly. [From: MSNBC]

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
That's scary.
Of course with labs (and lab mixes and such), you're more likely to break the remote, or possibly your hand, rather than hurting your dog.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rottnlab dad said:
That's scary.
Of course with labs (and lab mixes and such), you're more likely to break the remote, or possibly your hand, rather than hurting your dog.
Yeah, I'm more worried about my little corgi. She's always jumping around us when we're playing on ours. I need to look for some of those Nerf covers and see if they will help.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Yikes!!!

Abby and Molly always have to go to their spot when we're playing Wii. Sometimes Molly even has to be put in another room, she gets very upset when I do the boxing.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Pene Honey? Seriously?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts