Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly do yeasty ears look like? Nala has one ear that is perfectly fine i only have to clean it once every couple of weeks if that, but her other ear is always dirty it is filled with this brown goo that stinks. I thought it was just dirt but i have to clean it out every other day cause it is so dirty. Nala goes to the vet on Thursday so I will ask her then I was just wondering if this was something I should be very worried about.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Yes if it's constantly yucky and brown it's probably infected and needs to be dealt with via the vet. Definatley mention when you go in on Thursday if not before.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ellie just had the exact same thing. We took her in and the vet cleaned it out, then gave us a cream to squeeze into her ear 2x/day for 10 days. Its all cleared up now.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I will ask about that. Last time we were in there the vet was just like they are dirty clean them out with this stuff that she gave us (and by gave I mean sold) and it cleans them well but they get dirty again in less than a day that is why I think it might be some kind of infection.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ruger was having that problem, we took him to vets, she gave us medication, yes it worked but then a few weeks later it was back. I switched his dog food, and he hasnt had yuk in his ear, not even a trace.... when he was getting them we were feeding him food with chicken, now we give him lamb and rice, he loves it and ears are great......ask your vet about the food....

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Could be the corn in the food doing it. But if it has a bad smell, it's an infection most likely.

You can also try the purple ear wash stuff as a preventative. The stuff is really great.
www.woodhavenlabs.com

Youll find it in the articles section. Ear Wash or Ear Rinse is the name of the article. We swear by this stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like the ear infection that Doolie had at the last vets visit- I was given an ointment for his ears, and flush them weekly now, the smell and the brown gunk is gone- Plus the recipe for the purple stuff that was posted above is a God send.
Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts