Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took both Mocha and Zeus into the vet last night. Zeus needed a bordetella for his obedience class that starts tonight and I wanted them to look at the spots under Mocha's ears. After an 1 1/2 wait in the waiting room we got back to see Doc Mary Jane ( I like her we've seen her several times). Zeus got his shot with no problems and she looked at Mocha's ears. She did a skin scrape to see for sure what the issue was that came back both yeast and Bacterial infection :( She said normally they would shave the area and put a drying agent on it but where it was she was afraid she would scratch at it and cause a hemotoma. We went home with antibacterial/antiyeast shampoo to wash the area around her ears and belly with once a day for the next few days and 3 different medications including antibiotics. I'm to call her back Friday and see if she not any better they will sedate her and shave and clean the area and put the drying agent on it. I also have to keep them seperated for the next 10 days I'm not sure how I'm going to do that though ???

The vet has 2 labs too and she said one of hers had the same problem when she got the second it took keeping them apart to let it heal.

Wish us luck.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Poor Mocha and Zeus. I hope they both feel better soon. Good luck with keeping them separated!
Prudence is prone to yeast infections in her ears. No matter what food or anything else we use, she seems to get them. :-\

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put Mocha's E-collar on this morning so Zeus couldn't get to them as easy and so Mocha couldn't scratch at them but she kills my shins with that thing and thinks it's a toy so I don't know how long I'll trust leaving it on her.
It's not in her ears it's under her ears they stay wet because of the way the ear lays there from Zeus licking and playing bitey face all the time.
Here are some pictures from the other day.

They are more scabby looking now though not so ozzy but still nasty looking. There are also bumps down below where you can't see because of the fur.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no idea ??? We already have the den baby gated off because that's where Smeagol is most of the time there is no other area of the house we can just easily section it. I put her E-collar on this morning I'm hoping if I have it on and he can't get it her ears that we can not seperate them all the time just watch them close. She has some spots on her belly and butt too though from him licking so I'm going to really have to watch him. I hope it doesn't happen again after we get this cleared up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts