Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just HAD to share lol. Apollo made me laugh SO hard today.

So I am trying to take a nap this afternoon. I am all curled up in bed when all of a sudden I head a "whoosh" noise. I look up over the footboard and I see Apollo's two little brown eyes peaking over the footboard at me. I raise my eyebrow and all of a sudden "whoosh!" he takes off. He runs into the other room and starts yodeling lol!!! He comes tearing ass back into the bedroom and makes a flying leap and lands on the bed (btw he isn't allowed on the bed and he knows it) as soon as he lands on the bed he freezes......then he starts running in circles on the bed like "hahahahaha I am on the bed. Silly human! You can not defeat me!" I say "apollo! down!" and all of a sudden he freezes again. Then he curls up into a little ball and fings himself at me (while still curled up in ball form....don't ask how he did it, I haven't a clue). Next thing I know he is spooning with me......Silence.

THEN he goes nuts and jumps ON MY HEAD and puts his butt in my face ON PURPOSE (I KNOW it was on purpose lol!) and he sits on my head. So here he is just sitting on my head, totally calm, like nothing is out of the ordinary. I push him off of me and put him on the ground. I go back to sleep. I wake up to apollo jumping back and forth OVER the bed! back and forth, back and forth. He starts yodeling again. Runs around in circles on the ground and then with a big huff he just drops to the ground and goes to sleep! WTF!!!! WEIRDO!!! OH my god I WISH I had my camera!!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hilarious! Great visuals! I just love it when they get goofy like that... Lucy is a little too old for unprovoked goofiness, plus she is so mellow. But she'll tear around the house like a bat out of hell after a bath, or rub down with a towel. LOL It just cracks me up!!!

Iggy, my ex's Staffie, used to jump up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down, on and off the bed when she would get really excited. Each time she would be on the bed, she would quickly freeze, with this silly grin on her face, and then hop right off. Only to jump right back up and do it again! LOL Too cute!!!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Oh, I feel so much better after reading your post. You have just described Sally perfectly!!! I was afraid she was the only one who did that.....especially the butt tucking circles on the bed and jumping on my head!! She doesn't do it so much anymore, but when she was 3 and 4 months old, any little thing would set her off on one of those tears on the bed.

Way to go Apollo! Keep 'em on their toes!! ;D

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
;D ;D

HAAAHAAA That IS too funny! Really funny!

Doncha wish you'd have had a video camera? That should've been on film.

...you must've forgotten to take the camera to bed with ya....shucks

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
;D Silly Apollo. I thought it was funny how he just plopped on your face. Trooper does that too.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OMG it was HILARIOUS. Apollo is SO mellow, so to see him flipping out like that was just the greatest!!! I will put my video camera on my nightstand today when I take my afternoon nap, just incase he decides to do that again! Boy was it FUNNY!!!

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I loved your story. Abby does that. Molly is much more reserved & will just sit on the bed next to me & stare. ::) Abby acts like Apollo. I love those goofy antics. :)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Your words did the situation justice. I could picture everything that was happening. I love having a dog that can be a goofball sometimes. You can't take life serious every minute.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Funny! Silly Apollo. He probably thought your bed was a trampoline. You were in his way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts