Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wasn't too bad out there. Of course I had my flannel lined jeans on. ;)

Nothing like having a horse that you can hug.

Checking him over

Talking to him a bit

Putting on his halter

Leading him off to do his mane, tail and pick the ice balls out of his feet

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put my hood up and was fine. The coldest thing were my hands. I'm having a bit of circulation problems lately. :(

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I really like those rope halters they dont rub on their faces like the others :D

Quick question, dont you need to rug them in that weather? Or is it un-necessary? My friend seems to rug her horse all the time and its not as cold here as it is there

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Awwwwwww! Love the hug pic! Who took the pictures?

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kaznalf said:
I really like those rope halters they dont rub on their faces like the others :D

Quick question, dont you need to rug them in that weather? Or is it un-necessary? My friend seems to rug her horse all the time and its not as cold here as it is there
Some people put a rug on them, but I don't. Bonnie doesn't blanket her horses either and Dot is 29. Everything I've read and seen at the horse rescue says it's unnecessary. The horses which are blanketed and outside at the rescue sweat under their blankets which is worse than not having a blanket IMO.

Toby and the girls go into their shelter at night or if it's brutally cold. All 3 of them were outside when I pulled up this afternoon and they all stayed outside when I was leaving.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jzgrlduff said:
Awwwwwww! Love the hug pic! Who took the pictures?
The SU who is still alive despite being out of work until February. If GM doesn't call him back soon there will be one less person in MI and it won't be from his moving out of state. ;)

"Whatcha doing?"

"Where ya going?"

"When are you coming back?"

"Why are you doing that?"

"Can I watch TV?"

"What's for dinner?"

UGH!!!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
If GM doesn't call him back soon there will be one less person in MI and it won't be from his moving out of state.
LOL!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Oh. Sorry. :whistle:

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
labby said:
kaznalf said:

Some people put a rug on them, but I don't. Bonnie doesn't blanket her horses either and Dot is 29. Everything I've read and seen at the horse rescue says it's unnecessary. The horses which are blanketed and outside at the rescue sweat under their blankets which is worse than not having a blanket IMO.

Toby and the girls go into their shelter at night or if it's brutally cold. All 3 of them were outside when I pulled up this afternoon and they all stayed outside when I was leaving.
I suppose they grow a winter coat anyhow..my friend says she rugs because she can ride them without them having to dry off 1st, I suppose any dead hair though irritates them, so theres pros and cons!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tundra Aries said:
OH Laura, what a beauty! How old is he?
He'll be 6 on May 25. Or he's already 6 if you do a January 1 birthday as most horse people do.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts