Just Labradors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I can't "hurk" at any dog, no matter what it is. It's not their fault. :( I love them all.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
X-reply from LC

I like Weims, but the dogs you describe aren't Weims.. or Labs. Poor babies.
=(

On the positive, at least they are in obed, a good sign that mom & dad will give them a good life, and care how they behave & socialize.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
did the dogs resemble wiems? just curious because i think they are beautiful. i seriously considered one before i got jinx.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did the dogs resemble wiems? just curious because i think they are beautiful. i seriously considered one before i got jinx.
Maybe in the chest. The faces were very Labish, with the sharp trianglular ear rather than the Weim's more rounded triangle. The eyes were a cool color, though, like a combination of a Lab's dark brown with a Weim's greenish tint. Very expressive.

But god, the coat. BLGHGHGHGHG. The color is not uniform. It's not brindled, but more... marbled with very subtle hi-lites of gradations (think angel wings on a yellow, but swirled throughout). And the wishy-washy consistency just really turned me off.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I just learned about another popular mix or "hybrid" called the labradinger - lab x springer

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Puh-lease.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
heh.. i just googled them and noticed the britons call them Springadors =)
S'pose the Springador sounds a little better than a Labradinger. I'd feel like a bit of a pratt introducing my dog as a Labradinger.

Although it makes me wonder what happened to the use of the word cross breed. Or mutt. Even mutts (mixes of 3 breeds or more) get funky names nowdays.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
S'pose the Springador sounds a little better than a Labradinger. I'd feel like a bit of a pratt introducing my dog as a Labradinger.

Although it makes me wonder what happened to the use of the word cross breed. Or mutt. Even mutts (mixes of 3 breeds or more) get funky names nowdays.
My first "lab" was actually a lab-springer mix (back when they were just a mix). I thought that she would stay small since the mom was about 40 lbs. Should have known better since the dad (lab) had somehow climbed a six foot fence to get to the mom in heat. Anyhow, Lady was 85 pounds, and was a jumper until she turned six. Nothing but time could break her of that habit. I chalked it up to the springer in her.

Btw, we called her a splabrador, lol.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Oh my. Well, hopefully they'll get some good training at least. And maybe they won't like to go swimming (I wouldn't if I had that coat....)...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts