Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went for an off leash hike last night from around 6 till 7pm. As we were going up to bed at about 11 I noticed that Wyatt looked like he had a slight limp. This morning it was so bad that he wouldn't put any weight on his front left leg. He was walking around with the leg hanging like it was dead.
Off to the vet tonight. He showed that he was in pain in his shoulder. They thought maybe it was dislocated, but it wasn't. They think he either dislocated it and it went back in or he tore a ligament or tendon. They sent us home with anti inflammatory pain meds and said we should see an improvement by Saturday, if not to bring him back in for xrays.

My poor baby!

I gotta tell ya though, this dog is really good walking on only 3 legs!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Poor Wyatt. Had that been his mom she would still be running around. She has no idea how to limit herself. She sprained her leg a couple years ago being her overexuberant self. She was put on meds for inflamation and rest for 7 days and she was good as new.
I hope he is back on all fours soon. Make sure you let him rest - strickly!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Oh poor baby Wyatt! Sam, I'll keep my fingers crossed that the medications work and he does not have to go back for more testing. Keep us posted.

Get well soon sweetie! :)

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Sending lots of well wishes for Wyatt.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Sam,
I hope Wyatt gets to feeling better and it is nothing serious! Poor kid!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Good thoughts for Wyatt!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts