Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wyatt, now 11 weeks, had gone one full week without an accident in the house. This morning he pooped upstairs. In his defense... he won't go down the wood stairs if he's upstairs so he had no way to get to the bells to let us know.

Of course last night I said to my husband "it's been a full week and no accidents!"

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
11 weeks old, and a whole week without accidents . . . Good boy Wyatt!! :-*

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Will have to brag on his brother Orson here. He peed in the house 3 times and the the last one was on his third day here and my fault. He has never pooped in the house and has been sleeping in our room not locked in his crate for over a week now. Even with the diarrhea he still asks to go out. I do have a set of bells on my bedroom door as well which he does ring during the night if he has to go.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Texas Tank said:
Will have to brag on his brother Orson here. He peed in the house 3 times and the the last one was on his third day here and my fault. He has never pooped in the house and has been sleeping in our room not locked in his crate for over a week now. Even with the diarrhea he still asks to go out. I do have a set of bells on my bedroom door as well which he does ring during the night if he has to go.
That sounds like Elias, he peed 2 times in the house EVER and it was in the first 2 days we had him.
The problem with Wyatt is he rings the bells to go out NON STOP!!!! Sometimes we get to the point where we ignore him because he was just out..... well then he pees. He's a peeing and drinking machine.

That's a good idea to get a new set of bells for the bedroom, but he will probably ring them just because he wants to go eat some sticks! :whistle:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
The problem with Wyatt is he rings the bells to go out NON STOP!!!!
Yes - we have this problem as well. I am hoping it will slow down as he matures. We plan to fence in an area of the yard and get a dog door as soon as the ground thaws. Then he can go out as much as he wants and the bells can go bye bye :laugh:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Awww...it happens. It just all depends. Jack figured it out quick, no problem. Even would go on command when I said "go potty" and Jed continued to have accidents because something would distract him from potty, and he'd end up going in the house.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Oh man! He should totally be excused for that accident! Definately not his fault.

I am impressed with this litter's potty training ease....these are some smart little pups. Did Kim start any potty training prior to arrival? Guthrie was started with a litter box of shavings at 5 weeks at the breeder. I was soo impressed with the result. He only had 4 pee accidents and a couple of those were because he could not go out during thunderstorms. Never pooped in the house. Huckle on the other hand took FOREVER to potty train. I remember an almost daily dunk in the tub to wash off my pee soaked puppy each morning.

·
Registered
156 Posts
We are the same; Emma will go 2 weeks with nothing and the first comment we make or when we let our :guard down:....oops there it is!!! ACK!!!

Always our fault though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts