Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What were the main terms of the Treaty of Versailles?

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
*digs through boxes to find Gr.11 Social Studies notes*

Yes, my Mom still has them all....and Cam gave pretty much the best link you'll find. Mainly because I suck at wording things.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I learnt about this last year in History. (copied from my notes lol)

1.  War Guilt: The war guilt clause forced Germany to take full blame for the war.
2.  Reparations: It was agreed that Germany would pay full reparations for the damage done in the war.
                      By 1921 it was decided that the amount to pay back by Germany was  6600 million pounds
3.  German Territories and colonies:  Germany lost 13.5% of it's colonies including:
                                                   -All overseas territories.
                                                   -Alsace and Lorraine went to france
                                                   -West Prussia, Posen and Upper Silesia to Poland
                                                   -Mermel to Lithuania
                                                   -North Scleswig to Denmark
                                                   -Eupen and Malmedy to Belgium
                                                   -Germany could not unite with Austria
                                                   -Danzig became a free city controlled by the League of Nations
                                                   -The Saar was placed under League of Nations control
4.  League of Nations:  -Was set up as a police force
                               -The aims of the League were: To ensure peace in the future.  To ensure the
terms of the Treaty were kept
5.  German armed forces: -The army was limited to 100,000 men
                                   -Conscription was banned, soldiers must be volunteers
                                   -Germany was not allowed tanks, submarines or military aircraft
                                   -Germany were only allowed to build 6 battleships
                                   -The Rhineland became a demilitarized zone.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Did this have anything to do with the WII post? Or was it just a coincidence?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rangermom said:
Did this have anything to do with the WII post? Or was it just a coincidence?
That post was about the Nintendo wii not WWII lol ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts