Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this photo shoot for hubby's friend of their son at a wrestling meet. I didn't charge them a sitting fee because they are friends and I am just getting started. I took over 200 pictures, drove 100 miles round trip and spent an entire Saturday in a high school gym. I was happy to do it and get some experience. Hubby hunts on their property was the other reason I didn't charge them. I have called them several times to come to see the pictures. They know I was going to charge them for the pictures and do a collage for them. They were very excited about all of the pictures I took. They have now bought their own camera, which is their perrogitive but.... Now they want to borrow my zoom so they can take their own pics at the state finals. Uh no. Waste my time all day and now want something from me? I don't think so. Would you be pissed? Am I over-reacting?

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I'd be pissed.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I have called them several times to come to see the pictures. They know I was going to charge them for the pictures
Wait, so they have not responded about your pictures? Over 200 of them? HOLY HELL I'd be pissed about that! If that's the case, no, I would not let them borrow anything!!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wait, so they have not responded about your pictures? Over 200 of them? HOLY HELL I'd be pissed about that! If that's the case, no, I would not let them borrow anything!!
Yep and I deleted some too. I can't wait for the camera lesson they ask for. I will just tell them to leave it on AUTO the whole time. :smokin: Good luck with your kids Senior pictures. Pay 10x as much from a studio.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Would you feel comfortable lending them your lens if they hadn't asked you to do the previous shoot?

I'd say that you're reacting to two different things, not over-reacting. One is that they seem to be treating your effort as unimportant, and that in and of itself is plenty to be pissed off about. The other is they seem to think that they can ask you to borrow something but not request your expertise. That's also something that would piss me off. So in my book, you've got every reason to be miffed at them.

I also wouldn't want to loan them the lens if I were you, regardless of whether they've looked at and liked your photos or not. That's an expensive and delicate item that I'd hesitate to lend to anyone.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I also wouldn't want to loan them the lens if I were you, regardless of whether they've looked at and liked your photos or not. That's an expensive and delicate item that I'd hesitate to lend to anyone.
That, too!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Live and learn and a BIG HELL NO to them using your lens!!! Yes I would be pissed too and have got burned before like that from friends wanting something for nothing. Let them take their own pictures and find out how shitty their pictures are gonna turn out because they don't know what they're doing. I also would refer them to Rentglass.com or lensrentals.com where they can rent lenses....

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have loaned it to my sister, but that is my sister. Ron would loan Rob anything he had if asked. That is where the problem is.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Live and learn and a BIG HELL NO to them using your lens!!! Yes I would be pissed too and have got burned before like that from friends wanting something for nothing. Let them take their own pictures and find out how shitty their pictures are gonna turn out because they don't know what they're doing. I also would refer them to Rentglass.com or lensrentals.com where they can rent lenses....
That is what I was thinking.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
No you're not overreacting. Reminds me of the "friend" who trashed me all over the place, but then asked to use my microscope when she bred to someone's stud dog. Yeah, right.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
The more I think about it, I am shocked that they would even ask. Who does that? You spend the whole day there, and they won't even look at the pictures you took . . . and ask to borrow your lens? It takes a rare, special set of kajangas to do that.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Yep, I'd be pissed too and let them know it, nicely, of course! Borrow my lens, nope, ain't happenin'! AND if they thru hubby to borrow, tell him, no, my lens and I don't borrow to ANYONE!

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I would be pissed too. I just bought a new lens for my Nikon D60 last week and I would not let anyone borrow it unless maybe we were really close and they were experienced in taking pictures.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
although its been snowing just about everywhere i hadnt realised it was snowing in hell yet.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
annoying!! I would be very upset as well...tell them to purchase their own lens!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts