Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guyz,

I need to write a new justification for my request for tuition reimbursement for the summer course I will be taking this summer. We were basically told "anything that says professional development will be declined"... so I have to make the case that it will help with my current job description/duties.

I'm great at finding facts and stuff but not so good at writing a flowery sentence/paragraph explaining in a narrative way why they should pay for my course.

So here is the info... any help you could give me to put a short sentence or paragraph to put after this information would be great.

Questions to answer:
How does the proposed course of study relate to the employe's current job assignment/position duties?
How will the course-provided knowledge/techniques improve employe's performance and usefulness?

Course Description: Introduction to accounting and financial reporting concepts for business students. Emphasizes use of financial statements by non-accountants. Basics of accounting and reporting methods.

Current Position Description:
A.4. Verify receipt of ordered supplies; equipment, and services. Follow-up with vendor, accounting and purchasing to correct any problems if found.
A.5. Record encumbrances/expenditures charged against the office budget. Prepare expenditure log for review with the Unit Business Representative as needed.
A.7. Process requisitions and other appropriate forms to order supplies, equipment, services and employee reimbursement for the office
C.5. Verify accuracy of budget related data in WISDM (Wisconsin Data Mart for PeopleSoft Financials).

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Enclosed please find the paperwork regarding reimbursement for coursework entitled "Introduction to Accounting and Financial Reporting." The classroom instruction has proven beneficial to the daily operations of my job functionalities, especially in executing my responsibilities to:
- Manage the receipt of ordered supplies, equipment, and services.
- Follow-up with vendor, accounting and purchasing for problem-resolution.
- Record encumbrances/expenditures charged against the office budget.
- Prepare expenditure logs.
- Process requisitions
- Verify accuracy of budget related data in WISDM
I look forward to bringing the full benefit of these skills to my present position as well as in any future role I may fulfill at ExWhyZee Org. Clearly this educational investment in my abilities will bring about greater efficiencies, a reduction in costs related to problem-resolution, and a higher quality output from our deparment to operations as a whole.

Thank you for the opportunity to continue building my skills.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
bumpo for lindso

1 - 4 of 4 Posts