Just Labradors banner

Wow!

320 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Kathryn 
G
#1 ·
Since my mother is disabled and has MS on top of that the state pays me to take care of her so that she isn't in a nursing home.
Well yesterday I got my check in the mail and I needed to check and see exactly how much it was so I could figure out my bills.. I went :eek: looked at it again and went ??? I didn't think it was right..
I talked to my moms case manager and they gave all personal care assistance raise.. I went from $8.50 an hour to $12.00 an hour.. thats $3.50!!!!!!!! YAY me!!

#7 ·
That's terrific. I'm glad to see they appreciate all the work you do for your mom.

#9 ·
quote author=zoesmom link=topic=44227.msg529386#msg529386 date=1177708524]
I'm glad they see the worth of caregivers. It's not a simple task.

I don't think Hawaii has that perk for family members. Today, I am on leave w/o pay to help my Mom.
[/quote]

Same here.

It is great they are recognising your hard work. What a wonderful thing you are doing.

G
#12 ·
I was excited!
I would never want an unknown person taking care of any of my family members if there is a way that I myself can do it. Sometimes it can be tuff being so close and dealing with everything but in the end its worth it. I know shes safe from harm and I can keep an eye over her!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.