Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
OMG :whatever:
I'd never heard this before
Until 1987 AKC issued registration papers which listed silver as a Labs registered color on both AKC certificates and AKC color charts. After breeders who could not produce Silver in their bloodlines began to protest AKC changed the Silver color to a shade of Chocolate. This is the most laughable form of denial but is currently the established policy of AKC is to register Silver Labs as Chocolates.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I do not understand the controvery. I actually learned a lot from that breeders page. Let's see! I have something that is not pure. I have others that are defective. I shall call them unique, pure, and very rare. That makes thme highly valuable.

Wow! I have a large chunk of anthracite coal on a shelf downstairs, maybe 20 lbs. Something I kept from the days growing up in the heart of anthracite coal region in Scranton, PA. I think it is really a HUGE BLACK DIAMOND. I think I need to have it cut into 2-3 carat pieces, polished, and then I could sell each one for $10,000 to $20,000. Wow! I am going to be rich. I can get thousands of these rare black diamonds out of that piece of coal. Lets see, 1000 * $15,000 = $15,000,000. That is enogh to save a lot of dogs. I am going to strat looking for a piece of land to set up my rescue sanctuary. I am so happy I read through the information on that web site. I am going to be a multi-millionaire and save so many dogs.

Bonk! DW just hit me in the head. Says it is coal and always will be.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Silver & Gold ... just the laugh I needed before leaving for the end of my day.

Can't wait to read more of the comments after I get home.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
bacatherine said:
OMG :whatever:
I'd never heard this before
Until 1987 AKC issued registration papers which listed silver as a Labs registered color on both AKC certificates and AKC color charts. After breeders who could not produce Silver in their bloodlines began to protest AKC changed the Silver color to a shade of Chocolate. This is the most laughable form of denial but is currently the established policy of AKC is to register Silver Labs as Chocolates.
Because it's silver breeder BS and absolutely not true.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Oh. My. God.

those dogs don't even looks like Labs around the face. What BS!

If they are truly remarkable and wonderful labs that are accepted by the Canine Council or Kennel Clubs they should put them in the ring and see what happens! LOL!

AND they let their puppies go at 6 weeks!

Keep in mind that every puppy in the litter is a great puppy due to Flat River Labradors quality breeding standards. The puppies can be picked up starting at 6 weeks of age if they have to fly out they must be 8 weeks old before they can fly. Shipping is available in the continental United States for around an additional $325.00.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
:no: :no: :vomit: :no: :no: WTF? I hate dishonest people, and the price for them is unfrigginbelievable . How the hell do they sleep at night knowing they've screwed people royally. :no:

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Shoot, I figured it was just a matter of time before someone started to capitalize on the mismarks.

There are certain (purebred) pedigrees that throw black-and-tan/pointed labradors at the guide dog organization where I work part-time. They are actually pretty cool (and definitely "ALL lab" when you meet them), but not very sought-after because many members of the public look at the color and automatically think it is an "aggressive breed."

It makes me so angry that folks will breed FOR these "disqualifications" though- without any regard to the dog or its health. It would be like breeding "tail-less" labradors for those who are sick and tired of having their coffee tables cleared off by a wagging tail. (sigh)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Uhmzzz .. You all laugh about these prices !? :nerd:

Those prices are just to be called 'cheap' ;)

For example, the Labrador of my sister costed +/- 1.200,- US Dollar ... Our first Labrador costed +/- the same, and the second one was also +/- 1000 dollar :(

And as a small note that are prices we've payed at respectable breeders, not a "fun breeder" or some one who wants to sell: "silver labs" (silver labradors are not in the labrador family over here in the netherlands ;) )

·
Registered
702 Posts
Sick sick sick :(. Its not like Blacks, Chocolates, and yellows are over bred enough by bybs but now they need to bring in even more colors and patterns to be "rare". I really wish idiots like these would just leave the breed alone.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts