Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you read the post about the good looking gal that brought her 9 week old Red Lab to the dog park this past Friday and what happened http://forum.justlabradors.com/showthread.php?t=7499

Sunday evening HK, Louie and I were at the DP again. A couple of others that were there last Friday were also present. We were quite a ways in from the entrance and we look up and here comes a very pretty lady, but dressed a bit more appropriate for the DP without a dog. Yep! It was the same gal.

She comes straight at me. I am expecting to hear that she confirmed that I don't know what I am talking about or that she gave the pup up to the breeder or a rescue. Old guys shouldn't swell their heads that they know it all.

Nope! She apologized for her attitude last Friday night. Told us that her husband (Shucks! Thought we had a single cutie!) got real upset when she told him what happened. Not upset at what we said, but upset for the pup. They took the pup to the vet Saturday. Excluding the worms she got a clean bill of health and owners got read the riot at about the pup going to the DP before the shot sequence was complete, plus one week. Got the whole history on Labs, colors, medical cautions, behaviors, etc.

Anyway, she apologized to all of us that were present and hoped she could still come to the DP after 'Lola' (Yep. thats the pups name) got through her immunizations. The others ladies there were telling her that they were excited to start watching Lola develop as soon as she was ready to come.

The gal then asked if I would still welcome them. Duh! Like I am in charge of the park?? I told her my comments were out of concern for her dog and I would be really happy to see Lola develop also. With one condition, I told her she had to wear the dress she had on Friday night.

The other ladies told her to ignore me. She said that would be fine but she would bring her husband along.

****!

I think she is going to be okay. Lola that is. We gave them a lot of hints on what to expect behavior wise. I think they will be able to adapt to Lola running the house.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Well, that's good to hear! She wasn't so dumb after all, just ignorant. I'm glad for the pups sake. You should have given her this website too.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, that's good to hear! She wasn't so dumb after all, just ignorant. I'm glad for the pups sake. You should have given her this website too.
I will! In about 7 weeks when she comes back to the DP.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not worried about offending her. In the conversation that occurred, she asked how many times she was referred to as the dumb blonde after she left Friday? We were honest and she said she was used to it. She also said that sometimes she does or says things that are deserving of it.

Oh! I should probably mention that the dumb blonde is a chemical engineer. Based on my experience with same, I doubt she is very dumb.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
i'm glad she didnt have an ego to stop her from coming back. And I am also very glad that you words with her didn't fall on deaf ears.

Do you think that this board can handle another beautiful, smart, blonde besides myself? *giggles* ..... i'm kidding .... i'm kidding!

And how cool for you Ed, that you get some eye candy at your dog park! I wish I had DP eye candy :(

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Wow. She is not only not dumb, but seems possessed of some actual character. Nice to hear about one that actually listened and learned.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
That is great news. She sounds like she does have a good head on her shoulders and was simply ignorant about puppies and basic care. Her breeder probably had a lot to do with fostering her ignorance. Glad she had the class to apologize and admit what she didn't know, happier still that she went to a vet who knows his business!

Hope she will become a JL member in the future.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Wow, what matters is that she actually listened to what you told her and acted on it. Then to come back and apologize to you all for it was nothing short of amazing. It's so rare that you run into people who are willing to listen and learn and also acknowledge their mistakes. She will make a wonderful lab mom, I can't wait to hear about Lola in the future. Next time, take a camera so we can see who Lola is too.:) Good Job!!!

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Wow, what matters is that she actually listened to what you told her and acted on it. Then to come back and apologize to you all for it was nothing short of amazing. It's so rare that you run into people who are willing to listen and learn and also acknowledge their mistakes. She will make a wonderful lab mom, I can't wait to hear about Lola in the future. Next time, take a camera so we can see who Lola is too. Good Job!!!
Very well said. Her coming back and apologizing is far more impressive than her initial ignorance. It says loads about her character. Thanks for posting this sequel, Ed.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
That is a great update! Good for her and good for you and your cohorts at the DP. Oh and Ed my daughter is blond, a rather smart one if I do say so myself, and we are both women;) Both of us would see the humor in the title of the thread and not find it offensive at all:)

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is a great update! Good for her and good for you and your cohorts at the DP. Oh and Ed my daughter is blond, a rather smart one if I do say so myself, and we are both women;) Both of us would see the humor in the title of the thread and not find it offensive at all:)
If I wanted to insult someone there would be no room for interpretation. I use a lot of sarcasm and don't mean to offend anyone. Thought the result was pretty darn positive and the title was intended to attract some attention.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
If I wanted to insult someone there would be no room for interpretation. I use a lot of sarcasm and don't mean to offend anyone. Thought the result was pretty darn positive and the title was intended to attract some attention.
All of which I appreciate about your posts. Thanks again for sharing the update.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Thanks for the update Ed and what great news. There is hope for little Lola. There were a lot of us worried for the little pup from your first post about the Friday night incident at the DP. I am glad her husband was upset enough to take the puppy to a good vet and so glad the vet took the time to work with both of them and explain about lab puppies. It took a woman of character and confidence to know when she was wrong and to come back and thank you all in person. She obviously listened to what you had told her Ed. That she wanted to know your feelings about her returning with Lola acknowleged that she realized you had Lola's health and safety in mind when you talked to her that first time. Really good job Ed. Not enough of us speak up when we see things that just aren't right. Hope to see pictures of Lola once she can come back to the DP.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Glad she came back and that she only wanted the best for Lola. The worms really concerned me.

You said she was a chemical engineer...from my experience most engineers live in their own world. My father is an areospace engineer very books smart and has common sense. Most engineers lack the common sense part but that is what makes them good at their jobs...they don't see why something cannot be done so they figure out a way to do it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts