Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are currently paying about $2,400/year for 2 vehicles. After I bought the Cruiser, I received a letter in the mail from my agent who handles our homeowners, flood, and business insurance, asking us to let them give us a quote on auto insurance. They just called me back - $1,641/year!!!!

*thud*
:D

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Amy, you mean you didn't combine them all together before? you used seperate companies for your home and auto? usually they offer some good discounts by combining.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Karina, I'm ashamed to admit I didn't. I didn't realized they offered auto. :embarrass:

T

·
0 Posts
bacatherine said:
That's great! It normally pays to keep it all together you get discounts for multiple policies.
That's what we do too.

That's great Amy!!! :D

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
That's great, Amy! Who's your insurance company? We're looking into switching our auto insurance.

TangerineFizz said:
Amy, you mean you didn't combine them all together before? you used seperate companies for your home and auto? usually they offer some good discounts by combining.
We don't either. We lived at camp for the first 14 years we were in NJ, then rented for a year before buying our house. At that time, we had pretty good rates for our auto insurance. The company we got our home owners insurance through couldn't get us better rates on the cars.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sue, we do everything through Groendyke on 513. You know where it is, right? The auto insurance will be with NJ Skylands. We are with High Point right now.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
Sue, we do everything through Groendyke on 513. You know where it is, right? The auto insurance will be with NJ Skylands. We are with High Point right now.
Yep, know right where he is. Ken looked into Geico a couple of weeks ago. They never got back to him. Right now our home owners is with Farmer's Mutual (agent is out in Flanders. Long story). The vehicles are with Palisades (used to be Harleysville). That agent is in Hackettstown. For years we were really happy with them, but lately it hasn't been as personal as it used to be.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You should check them out, they're very personable! Our homeowners is also Farmer's Mutual, and the others are all with Selective.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
windsor said:
Awesome!

I have been with nationwide for about 13 years and pay about that for 2 vehicles and the house.
Aa, but you're not in NJ, are you? Auto insurance here is one of, if not the highest in the country.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts