Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The same night my hubby decides to fix our leaky tub and turns off the water our youngest decides to get stomach flu and barfs all over twice!! oh and while trying to fix the tub hubby breaks an important piece and now our water is off for good until we can find a plumber. :help:

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Yikes, that pretty much sucks alright! Hope all is back up and running and the kiddo's tummy settles down soon!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
That's the rule in our house. I don't don't know if it is before or after the other rules.

The more expensive a vacation is the more likely one or more kids would be sick.
and
There is no such thing as a simple plumbing job. 15 minute plumbing jobs cost $500.00. $75.00 labor,$425.00 parts. contrary to the 4 hour plumbing job which has $25.00 parts and $425.00 in labor.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Yikes that is bad. I always hated when the kids got sick...for some reason they could NEVER make it to the bathroom and those few times they did....it wasn't any better.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
The same night my hubby decides to fix our leaky tub and turns off the water our youngest decides to get stomach flu and barfs all over twice!! oh and while trying to fix the tub hubby breaks an important piece and now our water is off for good until we can find a plumber. :help:
Oh man! This is what I have to look forward to in the future..............You have my empathy!

Right now our kitchen sink isn't draining properly.The pipe's become disconnected. I can jam it back into place but it doesn't stay. It needs some sort of adhesive, but I a) am carless-plus even though we aren't havein much of a winter it's too cold to take baby out and walk her to the hardware store 10 + blocks away and easily 1/2 walk. b) am pregnant-don't really want to be inhaling adhesive solvent fumes.........

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update for today: hubby called a friend of a friend that happens to plumb (is that a word?)...anyway, he was available to come over and help out last night. And today, I am so grateful for my carpet steam cleaner!!!

Sams mom-good luck on your plumbing problem.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep. Plumb is a verb.......
lol...good to know, sometimes my grammar is not so great. My hubby teases me because I always mix up words. I say link instead of leak and I almost wrote linking tub on the orginal post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts