Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I won't shop at PetCo or PetSmart because of their suppport of the mandatory spay/neuter law in CA a couple of years ago. Would I be a hypocrit if we went to an adoption day at either place? I have my eye on a cat in the rescue group we adopted Mick from. They hold cat adoption days at a PetSmart. So, what's everyones opinion (ETA- won't be buying anything as we already have any cat supplies we'd need except for food and litter which I can pick up on the way home) ?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Does PetSmart profit from the adoption? I guess I wouldn't consider it hypocritical either way. Or even if it is, I would still adopt the cat.

I'm sure that didn't help much.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
petsmart doesn't profit from the adoption - in fact they usually add a bit to adoption fee so go for it :)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
In the end, to me, you're saving a kitty and giving him/her a loving home...where from wouldn't be a thought.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Petsmart just allows local rescue groups to use their space for the adoption events, they don't profit from those events at all. It actually costs them money. So it wouldn't be hypocritical on any count.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts