Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His eye has been weeping, consistantly..for almost 2 days. And this morning, it was very red. Different from his usual conjunctivitis.
Phoned the vet, he's on holidays. So I talked to the on-call. Who doesn't know his history. Basically said "Give him his lubricating drops, and that should help it. It just sounds like it's irritated". No, "Oh, let me take a look at his records. Maybe we should see him". I insisted on bringing him in, he said there was no need, don't do it. I don't care if he's overwhelmed or what...you don't tell me to never NOT bring my dog in if I'm concerned.
That was yesterday. It's now Thursday night. No change. Got the OK from the Tech to up Sam's medicated drops just in case. Because the eye has now started to get really red.
I'm phoning the vet tomorrow to get the new number for Sam's Opthamologist. This is crazy.
I'm walking in that office tomorrow without an appointment. If the techs see Sam, they'll insist that this "asshat" of a vet, look at Sam.
Oi

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I'd be pretty mad too, if the vet wouldn't see him !! I hope his eye gets better.....

While on the subject of Vets, mine was out to visit for the horses and he said he doesn't understand Vets these days. It's the "generation" he said..... they don't want to go out to the farms and see the large animals, and they don't want to be "on call"......... he is having a problem keeping his clinic staffed with "good, dedicated " veterinarians...... guess it IS a "sign of the times".

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I'm sorry Sam's eye is acting up I to would insist on coming in I hope they can give him some relief
and he feels better soon :)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hoo boy. I hope that when you can get him in, it turns out to be an easy fix. I would be upset too if my vet seemed blase about something that was obviously of great concern to me.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this Kim. Poor Sam. :(

Prayers that it can be treated quickly.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Sam will be in my thoughts and prayers. Smack that vet.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Mean vet!!!! That sounds like a pediatrician rather than a vet! Who knows a child better than a mother? If a mother notices something is not right with her child, the doctor needs to look at the child!!! Same with our labbies!

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I'm so sorry Kim, this must be so frustrating. I think I would just go and not wait for an appt as well. Sending good thoughts and a prayer for Sam.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
I would be extremely upset and look for another vet in the meantime to take a look.

Hope it's nothing serious, Kim.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Sorry I missed your post this morning, Kim. If the vet didn't have a clue as to Sam's history I wish one of the techs had enlightened him PRONTO! I hope this latest weepy eye episode is not leading up to anything. :( :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts