Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most nights this week the tempurature has hit minus 15 in the night. My BIL's lab is an outdoor dog has a shed and a run. I know she hasnt even got a bed because she eats them. Im just sat wondering if she is cold. Wouldnt hurt him to let her in the wash room in this weather.

Any suggestions on what I should do, chucking him naked in the cold has crossed my mind...see how he likes it. Or should I just butt out?

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
At the least call him and ask him please to bring her in and out of this extreme cold. In the washroom if need be. How harsh do you want to be with him? Tell him you'll turn him in to the authorities if anything happens to that dog.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well his mouth speaks over everyone so will be tough to get a word in edgeways but I will definately say I think she needs to be brought in. Ill make a sneaky phonecall if he doesnt.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
If he doesn't bring the poor dog in, I would make an phone call to the proper authorities. He doesn't have to know it was you.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Or should I just butt out?
No way. You should do everything you can to SAVE that dog. I think only Alaskan sled dogs can endure that kind of cold and certainly not a Lab.
Does you sister have anything to say? She should put him out.
This morning as I was getting ready for work Duke was lounging on the king size bed after having his warm breakfast. It's only in the 30's here but I was telling him about all of the poor pups who didn't have a nice breakfast and a warm bed to lounge on. Now I am thinking about that poor dog. horrible.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its my husbamds brother, he believes a working gundog should live outside and cannot understand why we have alfie "stinking the house out"

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
No animal should stay out in those conditions. Call him and demand she be inside, he sounds bullheaded to me.

Sadie is a gundog too and there is NO way she would ever stay outside.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dont think the sheds heated, he does treat her like his baby and wouldnt let her come here but cant have her in the house tbh I think its his house proud wife that wont let her in oh and yes he is a BUTTHEAD he and my husband dont exactly get on just tolerate each other

1 - 14 of 14 Posts