Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would he eat FGS? :shocked:

HE’S more than two metres tall, three times heavier than the average racehorse, needs a special truck to get him around and is the main attraction at Australia’s premier heavy horse show.

The world’s tallest horse, Luscombe Nodram, a Shire horse affectionately known as Noddy, will be on display at the Clydesdale and Heavy Horse Field Days in Gatton on May 1 and 2.

The seven-year-old giant who weighs 1.5 tonnes and measures more than two metres or 20.2 hands high (in horse talk) will be taking Australia by storm when his Victorian-based owner Jane Greenman takes Noddy on a major tour around the country.

“When he’s been to shows before we have had a terrific reaction. The public just seem to love him,” Ms Greenman said.

“This is the first time he’s left Victoria since we got him as a six-month-old.”

Ms Greenman said Noddy comes from a long line of tall horses and started life at the Shiresof Luscombe in the Gold Coast hinterland.

Heavy horse gallops into Gatton | Offbeat | Weird News, Odd and Freaky Stories in Ipswich | Ipswich Queensland Times

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Awesome! I love Shire horses! But I'd bet that guy eats more in one day than my 30 Minis do!!

Lucy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts