Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
That's way too high. I'm not even all that afraid of heights, but I'd be uncomfortable looking out of a window and being that high up. I read in the comments that smaller building was 63 (I think) stories high, and it looked teeny tiny. Yikes.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Looks like a big target to me too. It's weird though, I would rather be at the top of tall building down . . . than outside of a tall building looking up. Looking up always makes me dizzy. Weird!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
It surpassed the CN Tower as the tallest free standing building. Boo hiss! LOL.

I would not be going up there though. Too high for me.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
To me, I think "Okay, an engineering masterpiece" (The story behind it is pretty interesting... just how high can I go?) But I just don't think it is appealing. It just isn't... striking or beautiful or, well, appealing!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I worked in what was then the tallest building in downtown Philadelphia. In high winds, you could watch the level of coffee in your cup sway ever-so-slightly left and right, as the building moved. Also, during high winds, the elevators ran extra-slow, to minimize bouncing around inside the shaft.

When it first opened, delivery people who were called to the top floors would forego a tip just for the chance to look around. It was common, we heard, for the muckety-muck execs up there to let the pizza guy wander around for five minutes, just gazing at everthing below.

I did like, however, the fact that during the Springtime, the bldg mgmt would fill the lobby with Hyacinth. And the scent would travel up the shafts, lifted, I guess, by the repeated whoosh of the cars, up the entire building. So even 23 stories up, we could smell the Hyacinth.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
An engineering firm in my town had a big part in that building being safe and able to withstand the winds, etc. etc. Pretty darn cool!!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I worked in what was then the tallest building in downtown Philadelphia. In high winds, you could watch the level of coffee in your cup sway ever-so-slightly left and right, as the building moved. Also, during high winds, the elevators ran extra-slow, to minimize bouncing around inside the shaft.

When it first opened, delivery people who were called to the top floors would forego a tip just for the chance to look around. It was common, we heard, for the muckety-muck execs up there to let the pizza guy wander around for five minutes, just gazing at everthing below.

I did like, however, the fact that during the Springtime, the bldg mgmt would fill the lobby with Hyacinth. And the scent would travel up the shafts, lifted, I guess, by the repeated whoosh of the cars, up the entire building. So even 23 stories up, we could smell the Hyacinth.
That makes me woozie just thinking about it. I could never work there.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Nice! :)

I'm afraid to click on the link. I get dizzy just thinking about it.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
That's the building they went to this past season on The Amazing Race.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I need to add that to my "bucket list"- I love being high up and looking down and around- wonder if they give tours?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts