Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I've never tried it. I'm not going to take a class. It would have to be a video I can do at home for beginners. But I really need something that will help me with my flexibility (I am nowhere near being able to touch my toes) and to relax. Relaxing is key. And do I need to get one of those mats or can I just do it on my floor?

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Yoga is all about proper form and proper breathing. If you aren't going to take a class, make sure you research videos and find one that emphasizes form and breathing. You will need a mat, it makes it easier to gauge how far apart your feet/hands are, as well as, giving you traction.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I would take a class. I have Pilates DVDs, but really didn't want to start until I knew I was doing the moves and holding my body correctly. Now that I have taken a class, I feel comfortable doing it on my own. Also, like BauersMom said, breathing is also a big part of it.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I used to do it regularly...back when.....loved it! my favorite pose is tree pose and then warrior pose! :) ahhh the memories! I liked yoga much better than pilates.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I used to do it regularly...back when.....loved it! my favorite pose is tree pose and then warrior pose! :) ahhh the memories! I liked yoga much better than pilates.
Me too! My MIL really wants me to do Pilates but I like Yoga more. Pilates was hard for me to do when I had a flare up of AS, where I could easily do the yoga as I could breath thru the movement and reduce the inflammation.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I really want to give yoga a try too-if anyone has suggestions on DVD'S please let me know-been there done that with pilates

1 - 7 of 7 Posts