Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok..I have lost 45 pounds since Jan with healthy eating and exersizing. I am getting to the point that I like doing the advanced step aerobics to get my heart rate going. But my problem is that the choreography is just to darn tricky. So anybody out there do step aerobics that they like that isnt too darn tricky to do?

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I love step aerobics, but I've been doing it for many years, so I don't really find them tricky. I like The Firm. You might want to check out some of their stuff.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
I love step aerobics. I found at first it was so hard in advanced, so I dropped down to standard and eventually was confident enough to try advanced again and stuck with it. Over time your body learns the moves.... and it's almost like it does it on it's own!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I have the original "Firm" videos & love them. Be careful when you are starting out, you are working muscles in different ways so if you over do it, I assure you, you will pay for it.
Have you tried any of the newer Firm. They are nowhere near as hard as the old ones. Remember 16 leg presses on a 14" step up box with a 30# barbell on your back? Then do 16 on the other leg, then do 20 squats, then 16 more on each leg? No wonder my knees are bad! But ****, my butt looked good!

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Have you tried any of the newer Firm. They are nowhere near as hard as the old ones. Remember 16 leg presses on a 14" step up box with a 30# barbell on your back? Then do 16 on the other leg, then do 20 squats, then 16 more on each leg? No wonder my knees are bad! But ****, my butt looked good!
You made me laugh, but what you say is so true. I have the original 6 firm tapes and was doing one when I first hurt my knee. It never was the same after surgery and now I can't do even the most basic step tape. So, anyone doing steps be careful.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
You made me laugh, but what you say is so true. I have the original 6 firm tapes and was doing one when I first hurt my knee. It never was the same after surgery and now I can't do even the most basic step tape. So, anyone doing steps be careful.
I know Linda, some of those original tapes, I can't do now. I haven't had knee surgery yet, yet being the operative word. I'm holding out as long as I can, but I've bought some of the new ones that are not as hard. You know what, though? After all of those really hard ones, when I do a lesser one, I don't feel like I'm getting a good workout. I have to do ones that are really difficult to make myself sweat and push the limit. Someday I'll be too old for this.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I don't do step at home. I go to a class....and I love it. It's a helluva work out and being in a class makes me accountable. I also run and have a work out program. Basically, my trainer says if I don't get a series of steps, just keep moving no matter what to keep that heart rate up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts