Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you don't know what a 9/80 is you work 80 hours over 9 days vs 10 days and get every other Friday off. It is so great. I don't work full time (36 vs 40) so they are letting me telecommute once a week so I can still maintain my hours and be here to work with my son on homework every day. I think I'm going to really like this.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
That's great! I could possibly telecommute with my job. The bossman can't spell telecommute so that's out of the question. I would rather do 12 or 10 hr days. It would also help on fuel costs,less commuting.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Yeah it is nice to have that :) We have that here at work, but you can pick whichever day you want off. I already had my "compressed day" off this past Monday. Enjoy your day! ;D

J

·
0 Posts
Very happy for you.

I'm very fortunate to have a job that allows me to be home after the kids are done with school and work from home if the project allows.

Having that opportunity is awesome!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I really miss 9/80's! We had them for 10 years before ConocoPhillips bought us. Now, we have 19/30's - 1 day off for the month and I can't figrure out how to get everything don in 1/day a month.

You lucky, lucky goose!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I work 4 10s but they also have a 9/80 where I work as well. You definitely don't miss those extra hours worked when you get every (or every other) Friday off!

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
dakkerdog said:
I don't work full time (36 vs 40)
so you work 7.2 hours instead of 8? .2?

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I want 9/80. :( You are very lucky. We have telecommuting available to us...as long as you don't actually use it. ::)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Hopefully after Memorial day we'll go choice of 9/80 or 4.5/40 for the summer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts