Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I am new to the forum, with a new puppy, Chester. He was advertised as a Golden Retriever, but was obviously not (I own a Golden), but the situation was that I could not leave him where he was.

We love him, he is an excellent puppy, and no matter what breed he is, we love him to bits.

I just wondered if any of you could tell me if he looks to be a purebred Lab or perhaps a Lab/Golden mix.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
my goldens have never gotten much in the way of feathers til they were 6 months or more :)

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
If he's not all lab, he looks mostly so. But whatever he is, it sounds like he's lucky to have found you, and he's ALL adorable!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
He looks very "labby" to me, but I knew a litter where the mom was definelty a golden and dad a lab, one pup looked like a beautiful mix, and the one looked exactly like a lab.

·
Registered
26 Posts
He looks very similar to my girl!!!
At about 15 weeks she started to get a little wavy along her spine..
She has the short, dense coat of a lab.. but with a little wave to it..
SHe looked almost identical to your boy when she was that young.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
He looks very labby. But having that said I've met two lab/goldens looking like labs. It doesn't matter. As said before he's all cute!! :D

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
He looks all or mostly lab to me! The few golden pups I've encountered are furry little puff balls, he is definitely not furry enough.

Regardless of what he is or isn't, he is absolutely adorable!!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
He is seriously adorable. He looks a lot like a lab but I have not ever had a golden so I am not sure what they look like as puppies. The picture of him on the bed with your older pup is so sweet. Glad you rescued him from his previous situation.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome and comments. I do not know much about Labs, but if they are anything like Chester, I will love the breed. He is very smart, laid back, quick to learn and eager to please. He will turn 12 weeks old this Friday and will be starting puppy classes.

I never meant to get a Labrador, having a Golden Retriever I was looking for another. But Chester has won our hearts. I look forward to learning more about the breed.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
He is stinking adorable!!! He looks all lab to me. :)

Can I ask how you got him?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts