Just Labradors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little, very prompt, very regular 5:30 am alarm clock slept in until 6:30 today! In fact, he didn't even start barking then, but I wanted to make sure he was still alive! Maybe there is hope that someday I'll be able to sleep in until 7am on weekends. And the other "miracle" is that , today, when we had some friends over for coffee and donuts this morning, and no one was paying all that much attention to him, Baxter went to the back door and starting fussing and scratching at the door - He was finally TELLING US that he had to got out and pee. Before this, he would just go to the door and sit (50 times a day - and since you didn't know if it was a "real warning" or not, you had to go let him out)and if you didn't make it in time, he would pee on the floor. He has also drastically cut down on the number of times he goes out and pees. As I said - "wonder of wonder, miracles of miracles!" (from Fiddler on the Roof)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yay Baxter!
Maybe he could have a little chat with Willow.... she woke me up at 4:55 this morning. :( Normally she gets up promptly at 5:30 too. She must have been excited to start the weekend. LoL.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Good boy, Baxter. Molly & Abby would sleep until we get up. Not Kate, 5:30 every day, even on the weekends. I am with you, Pat. I would love to sleep in, just till 7:00 on the weekends.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Good boy Baxter. Waking up at the crack of dawn is what Lola does too, Gracie would sleep until 9:00 if Lola didn't get up. I jumped up at 6:30 the other morning...I thought something happened to Lola because she was not up at 5:30 as usual, nope my little angel was just sound asleep.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Good boy Baxter! Boy, once again, I feel like I've forgotten what it's like to go through all the puppy stuff. :)

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Sounds like some real progress, Pat.

Toby wakes us up by or before 7 AM on weekends, and he's 5 years old now (we get up at 6 AM on weekdays). I keep hoping he'll cut us a break and really let us sleep in someday but it seems he simply cannot wait more than 8 hours overnight no matter what - even though he can go longer during the day if necessary. Chamois, on the other hand, is a total lazy-butt and would probably sleep until she burst.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts