Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you trust your husband to cut your hair? :D I think I'm going to let Paul do mine tonight. No, he's never done it before, but how hard can it be? Just cut a straight line across the back!

I need about 2 inches cut (it's starting to feel "heavy") and I don't want to pay the girl $25 when it takes her all of 5 minutes to do. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well plus he's a carpenter, he can snap a line if he needs to. :D

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I would trust pretty much anyone to cut a staight my hair in a straight line across my back...I have very thick hair so even if they mess up, unless it is a DISASTER, it would be hard to tell...I just paid to have mine done at the salon and it was $50! My mouth hit the floor - I thought having a "trim" was cheaper than a "cut"...apparently not!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
No kidding. There is NO WAY, scratch that, NO WAY IN HELL I'd ever allow a spouse to cut my hair unless they were a trained professional. (in hairdressing, not carpentry)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Paul: "Well, lessee.... I think my 3/8ths jigsaw blade should do the trick here..."

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL!

Well, thankfully it's long enough so that if he does screw it up, I can have it fixed easily.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Let's remember these words tomorrow, shall we?:p
I've sat in the chair of may a hairdressing school graduate and had them **** it up royally.

*TWITCH*

Here's the thing. You're head is not flat or straight. It is round. And it doesn't grow evenly all around your head. Youh hairline curves around from the back of your neck, around your ears & across your forhead. There's a lot more to a trim than cutting a straight line. If you were to pull all your hair back & comb it down the cut against your back, the front will end up being longer than the back, hence, not straight. In order to get the illusion of an even, straight hemline, the sides & back have to be cut seperately.

Good luck with that.

*twitch*

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
I used to let Pete do a blunt cut across the back when during what we fondly recall as the "lean years". You can always snip anything that falls unevenly. I definitely recommend having him do it when your hair is wet.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea well, we're living the lean years right now! I think I'll take my chances. :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts