Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Why on a Friday afternoon, before a holiday. There is no news bump from that.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop ... maybe she's been hiking the appalachian trail

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Ooooo! Now this is exciting!
I don't like her or dislike her. She just kind of crawls on my skin.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Say it aint so. Who will protect us from Russia?

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
NYT and Washington Post report she is going to devote her energies to preparing for the 2012 Pres election.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
It's just my guess mind you, but I think she is broke(she said something about the many lawsuits that cost them). She has a book coming out and I'm guessing she is hitting the road to promote it and make some money. REPEAT, just my guess.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
NYT and Washington Post report she is going to devote her energies to preparing for the 2012 Pres election.
I think it would be harder to do when you're not the Governor, which gives you more access to news and the media. But I could be wrong. I just hope no one is sick.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Kinda nice to hear something on the news besides stories about a dead singer, she did it so we had something besides that to hear on the news this weekend. My hat is off to her.;)

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
It's just my guess mind you, but I think she is broke(she said something about the many lawsuits that cost them). She has a book coming out and I'm guessing she is hitting the road to promote it and make some money. REPEAT, just my guess.
I think that's an EXCELLENT guess.

In addition, Alaska, like many other states, has severe budget problems and she's not been very effective in pulling its various factions together to reach a workable consensus.

Also, in her travels to promote her book, it gives her a chance to gauge the level of support she has for making a 2012 presidential bid (and perhaps try to increase it).

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
the lawsuits were covered by state money.. a quote from her speech

"the State has wasted THOUSANDS of hours of YOUR time and shelled out some two million of YOUR dollars to respond to "opposition research"

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
She want's to run for president.....this is a step in that direction....that's all.

If you're a politician that's what you do. Being the gov was just getting in the way, the frivilous lawsuits, the opposition complaining that she was "politicking" away from home etc.

Hardly a surprise.......barely a story yet.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Do we really care what she does?

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
the lawsuits were covered by state money.. a quote from her speech

"the State has wasted THOUSANDS of hours of YOUR time and shelled out some two million of YOUR dollars to respond to "opposition research"
Not the ethics charges.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...84B64D2FF2FCCE83862575EB000ACE36?OpenDocument

At the news conference, Palin cited numerous reasons for quitting, including more than $500,000 in legal fees that she and her husband, Todd, have incurred because of 15 ethics complaints filed against her during her two and a half years as governor. She said all of the complaints had been dismissed, but she still had to pay lawyers to defend her.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts