Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It makes me realize how important it is to save the UPC code from each bag of dog food that we buy, and even treats that are taken out of their original bag/box. We cut the UPC code and expiration date off our food bags and put them in a baggie that we keep on the fridge, just in case.

T

·
0 Posts
That's a good thought -- I usually dump treats in one of those plastic dog treat holders.

Scary times!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Every now and then I come up with a good thought ;)

I realized that if our dogs had been eating something recalled we would never know because we dump the food in an airtight container and toss the bag and we put treats into a tupperware container and toss the bag/box. I decided that saving the UPC's was a good idea and that we wouldn't lose them on the side of the fridge lol

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
AbbyandMolly said:
It makes me realize how important it is to save the UPC code from each bag of dog food that we buy, and even treats that are taken out of their original bag/box. We cut the UPC code and expiration date off our food bags and put them in a baggie that we keep on the fridge, just in case.
That was the first thing I learned off this board when I joined it a few years back. Why the thought had never occurred to me, I'll never know, but I have saved everyone since then. (just remember to chuck them out after 6 months or so, last I looked I had 34 upc codes stockpiled!! ) LOL

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I like the baggy on the fridge idea!

We keep the food in the bag, but I have been taking the treats out of the box and putting them in their cookie jar. It occurred to me the other day (with all this stuff that's been happening) that I should probably be saving the boxes. I love the idea of just saving the codes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts