Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We start building our deck tomorrow.

DH is not what one would call handy. ;D He doesn't like to try his hand at stuff like this because he feels that something like building a deck should be left to professionals. BUT- it's really too expensive for us at this time to pay for the lumber and someone to build it. And our BIL is studying to get his Landscape Architect diploma, which includes deck design. SO, you guessed it, BIL is helping. LOL. I figure once we get the frame up, it shouldn't be too hard to get the boards on there. But of course, we can't pick just a simple deck for our first project like this. Nope. Our design has two levels and angeled sides with black baluster railings. bwahahahaha.

So like I said, wish us luck. If it doesn't turn out, dh is never going to let me hear the end of it. :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
They'll be fine Aim. Decks are easy! Please post some pics, OK? :)

G

·
Good Luck!!!

We are getting a roof over our deck as we speak.......BUT we hired someone. I really didn't want a roof collasping over me the first time it snows ;)

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Good luck and have fun with it!!

I know what you mean about having a non handy husband though mine isn't really either. Luckily for him I am so if anything needs to be built I just do it myself.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Oooh, good luck Amy!! You guys lucked out and are getting nice weather for it, that's a good thing! If the kids are getting crazy over there, bring 'em over to me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts