Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just applied at a petstore up the street. The position is for the small animal and reptile section. Yes, they do sell ferrets, but the way I see it is this: even though I don't support ferrets being sold in petstores, atleast if I work there I can help properly care for the ferrets and inform potentinal owners about the responsibility of caring for ferrets. maybe then they wont end up in ferret shelters.

This is just a temporary job. I need to find a job asap so that I can afford to take my time and be picky about finding a receptionist position in a vet clinic. I will follow up my application by calling them on Saturday. Wish me luck! Lord knows I REALLY need a job.

Oh! and they don't sell puppies or cats. I would NEVER work in a store that supported puppy mills.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once I get this job things will be alot easier on the animals. We will be able to afford to get apollo a higher quality food and we will also be able to start him and the cats on raw, Hendrix (ferret) will finally be able to get his echocardiogram, Delilah will be able to get more agressive adrenaline gland therapy, and its just gunna be a hell of alot less stressful on Sam and I.

Sam finally has a job on a car lot, so he's got a job, now its my turn. I hope to be in an apartment soon.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Good luck.
Glad you'll be able to educate people. Hope you get it.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope I get the job. Even if I realize that I can't handle it (because of them selling ferrets) it will only be their temporarily so it'll be okay.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uuhhhh.....I hope they call me before I call them on Saturday. I want this job SO bad....its right up the street, I wouldn't even have to drive there!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I'm putting in my mightiest hopes that you get this. You guys have pulled off a TREMENDOUS move and you have done it brilliantly.

Come on employment gods... be generous now. :)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I means alot to know you guys have been thinking of us. It hasnt been easy, but things are slowly getting better. I really want this job, but if I don't wind up getting it, I guess it just wasnt meant to be, ya know?

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
The dogs and I have done the job getting dance for you. Wishing you the best of luck on getting this job.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL! ;D and what exactly does the "job getting dance" look like? I'd be interested to see that! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts