Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I smoked my last cigarette this morning. I am now a smoke free, patch wearing gal. Not looking forward to the weird dreams you get from wearing the patch. Some of them are kinda interesting.

My reason for quitting is quite simple, I have a Thoracic aneurism. The doc will be replacing my ascending aorta in May. They'll keep an eye on the desecending aorta. If it gets any bigger they'll have to replace it as well. I think of it as having Grinch-itist. My heart's growing larger because it's so full of love. :)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Might help,if alowed by your doctor, to take a B Complex vitamin. That will help with the stress.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Good luck!!
My MIL quit almost 2 years ago using Chantix she said it was a god send she had tried several times but always went back but she said it was different with the Chantix.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Congratulations on making the decision to kick the habit -- big step right there.

Hang tough.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Good luck, Ange! I was going to mention taking the patch off at night.. man oh man.. bizarro dreams for sure!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Best of luck on both counts.

SU went on the patch in January after 40 plus years smoking menthols. He has COPD and asthma and the reason he finally stopped was because he got tired of us bitching at him and tellinig him he would end up on oxygen like his brother. And there are no guarantees that he won't even though he stopped.

His brother gave up smoking and drinking, cold turkey, after about 45 years because of his diagnosis of emphysema. Smoking and drinking go hand in hand so both had to go. Unfortunately for him, he has just been released from the hospital after 2 weeks with pneumonia on level 6 oxygen. This is the second time in a year he has had pneumonia.

I stopped too, cold turkey, but I smoked out of habit rather than need so it was easy for me.

again, best of luck!

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
It's a b*tch to do -- but WELL worth it when you finally beat the devil's addiction.

Wishing you all the strength to defeat the tobacco demon in an early round.

·
Banned
2,041 Posts
Hey bobarossa , you look like a snuff dipper from way back . Come on an have a chaw with me . lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts