Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Winter blahs? There are no winter blahs while it's steelhead season. One of the perks of living in the Pacific NW.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's true Cam, we had fresh steelhead for dinner this week and have one in the freezer. Can you ever have too much fresh fish?? : )

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Fresh fish is always a good thing. I've had no luck with any steelhead this season though. Still, it's fun to try for them.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Our daughter has been the lucky one so far! Her boyfriend, brother and Dad are a little miffed- lol. Wonder if it has anything to do with her degree in " Fisheries" or just luck, I'm betting on luck! ; )

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I like winter. It was -10 F at 5 am this morning. Big full moon and clear skies. The snow actually cracks underfoot the wood smoke raises straight up. I got the woodstove going in the garage, I love that smell!
Today we'll bundle up and drive 40 miles north to hang out and watch 4 on 4 pond hockey. We'll have some drinks, warm ourselves in the wood heated warming tents and talk treason with some friends. Later on we'll meet up at a local pub, have pub food and talk more treason.

When you live where we live you have a choice. Stay home and watch re-run TV, bitching about the cold or go out and do something. We choose to do something. We'll spend Sunday with the hounds hiking the nearby trails if it warms up a little. Even with the double fur coats we have to be careful. Hopefully the temps will rise a little so the dogs can enjoy a little more outdoors this weekend. I like having the Erie canal towpaths within a few hundred yards of the house. We can take the dogs for quick jaunts and get back home in quick order. It's just enough exercise in the real cold weather to keep them sane.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Well we had a week and a half of your kind of winter weather Di, above freeezing a little, fog and drizzle. And no fresh fish with out having to pay twice what really good beef would cost. That's over, were back to 20'sF in the day and around 0F at night with clear skies, of course the WC is about 10-20 less.:tongue1:

Good proper winter weather.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well we had a week and a half of your kind of winter weather Di, above freeezing a little, fog and drizzle. Good proper winter weather.
I could deal with " Good proper winter weather" its the 100's of days of gray, drizzle , and wind, that wears a person down!! Oh and Garth, I am not done whining about it, and won't be until I can spend my winters on the east side of the mountain, where its cold but sunny more days then not:tongue1: If you would like to buy our house, we could stop the whining in a quick way:becky:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I could deal with " Good proper winter weather" its the 100's of days of gray, drizzle , and wind, that wears a person down!!
Well that's what ya get for bein' trapped 'tween the sea and them mountians. Yah just need to get out where the breeze can blow somthin' besides fog and drizzle in.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Oh and Garth, I am not done whining about it, and won't be until I can spend my winters on the east side of the mountain, where its cold but sunny more days then not:tongue1: If you would like to buy our house, we could stop the whining in a quick way:becky:
I'll give you $100 ca$h for it.

Of course if you continue the whining after you move, you have to give it back. :nono:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts