Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Am I the only one that notices an abundance of dog crap this time of year?!?! It seems everyone thinks if the dog poops in the snow, the poop melts away when the snow melts away...WRONG! There is poop EVERYWHERE! It is SOOO nasty!! (I am referring to poop in PUBLIC places, not yards...if you walk your dog in a public place, you should have a bag with you and pick it up at the time of the incident)

To compound the problem, I just had a new neighbor chase me down in her car to inform me that she SAW my dog crap on her lawn and ME leave it there...uhhh, sorry lady, I don't think so! I have NEVER left a dump unless it is in sticker bushes in the woods (that was once, maybe twice)...and I certainly would NEVER leave a turd on someone's lawn!! Welcome to the neighborhood lady...BAD MOVE accusing me of pulling a stunt like that!! :mad:

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Am I the only one that notices an abundance of dog crap this time of year?!?! It seems everyone thinks if the dog poops in the snow, the poop melts away when the snow melts away...WRONG! There is poop EVERYWHERE! It is SOOO nasty!!

To compound the problem, I just had a new neighbor chase me down in her car to inform me that she SAW my dog crap on her lawn and ME leave it there...uhhh, sorry lady, I don't think so! I have NEVER left a dump unless it is in sticker bushes in the woods (that was once, maybe twice)...and I certainly would NEVER leave a turd on someone's lawn!! Welcome to the neighborhood lady...BAD MOVE accusing me of pulling a stunt like that!! :mad:
Wow! If one of my neighbors behaved like that they would be finding a whole lot more poop on their lawn. Classic NJ story.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I'm pretty good for getting out there everyday, unless it's been snowing a lot and I know there's no hope in hell of finding it, but the second those suckers start to rise, I'm back out there quick - nothing bugs me more then looking out the window and seeing a mine field of turd on the snow - my neighbours yard is Brutal!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I'm guilty of not being as diligent in the winter.. but keep in mind the entire month of January was -30ish degrees out.. i'm sorry but i'm not following tucker around with a poop bag at that temp.

That being said.. i'm out there on the warm days to compensate.. but realistically.. nobody up here can keep up with it in this kind of winter.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Oh, and i have about 40 more feet of snow than karina.. so don't give me that look =)

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
To compound the problem, I just had a new neighbor chase me down in her car to inform me that she SAW my dog crap on her lawn and ME leave it there...uhhh, sorry lady, I don't think so! I have NEVER left a dump unless it is in sticker bushes in the woods (that was once, maybe twice)...and I certainly would NEVER leave a turd on someone's lawn!! Welcome to the neighborhood lady...BAD MOVE accusing me of pulling a stunt like that!!
You should see the looks I get sometimes. If I walk two or more dogs, some people automatically assume that I am responsible for every pile of crap left in the neighbourhood.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I did poop patrol around the yard a couple weeks ago when the snow started to melt. But there is still a lot more to go. We still have several inches. I'm trying to clean it up as the snow melts, but I'm sure I'll find more. Thing is, they don't poop in the yard in the summer, they go in the woods. But the snow was so deep this year we had to make paths for them and that's where they pooped.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
We have Pet Butler come and clean our yard once a week...they come and scoop all the poops and take them away. No excuse, not even really cold temps or snow. It's just a job Denny and I would rather pay someone to do.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I scooped most everything up about two weeks ago when we had our first warm weather and the snow all melted. Some was still frozen to the ground, nice eh? LOL. I couldn't believe how much was out there under the snow! I thought I did better this winter keeping up with it, but apparently I was wrong!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Snow + frozen dog poop = no pickup!

My yard is one of those land mines! I did, however, pick up when the weather was nice, but LOTS more to go.

Interesting, I thought it would melt with the snow! (Where are the stupid smilies?)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't care what people do on their own lawn - I care when people leave it in common areas that other people use (public sidewalks, parks, etc). I am irritated by it and I have a dog - I can only imagine how annoyed people are that DON'T have dogs.

It is just as cold and miserable for me to clean it up but I ALWAYS do...on a positive note - when the dog poops in the snow, it is the easiest time to pick it up - just pick up the big snowball with the poop in the middle!

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
I think I have finally cleared my yard of the Dec-Jan accumulation. Our kids haven't been for a walk in ages, but we always have bags with us.

There is one guy in our neighborhood...we think we know who it is. An elderly gentleman with an older dog who just goes on the freakin' sidewalk. Never picks it up. Hubby said if he catches the guy he's going to find out where he lives and make a "special delivery" on his doorstep.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Cleaned up my yard a couple of weeks ago when we had the big thaw.

6 - 5 gallon buckets full of dog crap. And the grass around all my trees is dead and will need to be replaced!

The boys usually crap in the woods, if it is to cold or to much snow they get lazy, just like their owner.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Who could ever forget the Gina bashing for 85 piles of turds? :rolleyes:
Man, these smilies really blow.

I went out last week, first time in a couple of weeks and I couldn't believe how much was out there!!!!! Alot of them were frozen to the ground and I couldn't get them.

On the other hand, my three also get 2 walks a day and I always have poop bags in my pocket. As a matter of fact, when I got in the elevator this morning I reached in and pulled out 3 bags! LOL

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
We have to keep our yard clean. Otis has developed a really nasty habit in his old age. ~shudder~

·
Registered
21,482 Posts
Oh, and i have about 40 more feet of snow than karina.. so don't give me that look =)
I'm with Kelli - there is no way to keep up with it where I am either. Due to a couple of mild days - it got frozen into the remaining 2 feet of snow. And now it has snowed again and again on top of the poopsicles.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I live in the country (where they don't always plow the roads), so I drive into town to walk the dog most days. There are 2 or 3 houses that have very small front yards that are covered in poop. The poop goes from the front steps across the sidewalk to the curb. It is so nasty! You can't even walk on the sidewalk!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
We clean it up when we can see it. We are not going out and searching for poop. We are warming up here (going to be 40 today Woo Hoo!) and we will do another cleanup this weekend.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
LOL! yes, but you don't have a poop eater ! that's the only reason I try to get out everyday - I still wind up with 3 or 4 bags of it come spring thaw though - that **** adds up quick!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i just cleaned our yard 2 weeks ago. most of it was buried under 2 feet of snow. when it all melted, i about died. there was not a safe area to walk in the front and the back yard. i had 4 plastic bags full of poo. i actually need to catch up again this week.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts